Why is @Litecoin on Telegram promoted?

I’m not concerned about price, but clearly, my concern was reputation, which we both agree with the forum @ litecoin on Telegram as “crap.”

In addition, it is unfortunate that a “crap” room is often promoted and mentioned in actual litecoin production rooms or Charlie’s speeches in addition to having LTC developers as moderators.

I agree we are early in the crypto game, even if I’ve been in over five years. The mainstream is catching up; their impression will include the communities they find, “crap” again, as you said in describing @ litecoin.

They may have found the @ litecoin link in another forum or Charlie’s excellent speeches, promoting such a room for the masses to peruse. Does that seem prudent or decentralized?

1 Like

Posts after a five-minute view in the “crap” room as you called @ Litecoin:

1-Poster claims Charlie owns the room. No one said no.

2-Poster wondering if Charlie is head of Isis. No one said no or banned.

3-Discussing the greatness of Trump and the ineptness of Biden. Why are political discussions that divide allowed? No one said no politics.

4- Bot asking for donations that lead to this website; litecointalk.io and members asking for Litecoin for themselves or offering to sell at half the price. No warning or ban.

But many have gone in there and announce a new LTC collaboration, MWEB, adoption, and they were banned.

Many new people who have just bought only saw the above-type posts and were told to sell at a loss in the room while getting hit with private messages.

Is there anyone from the foundation or developer that could moderate that room?

The room @ litecoin appears to be centrally controlled by slanderous imbeciles. Like Jay said above, “it is crap.”

The room also gives the appearance also of being centrally controlled with the Litecoin channel on Reddit.

I know both rooms have concerned many for years. Is there a common denominator that isn’t being addressed?

Why not put some new moderators in there, accurate LTC information, and aim for a decentralized community for the safety of new members and to disseminate accurate civil information?

1 Like

For the safety of new owners, to enhance it with factual information, why not demand the current slanderous Litecoin forums on Reddit and the Telegram LTC forums are taken down?

Or at least some informed mature foundation member, developer, or community member should be included as for now they are very centralized, seen as the LTC forum, @ litecoin, harms many, slanders good people, and are overall bad for the LTC image that it deserves, one of a solid project with good people behind it.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Look, at least they are well-contained. :slight_smile: If you would ban them, they would get together and flood every possible forum out of raging revenge.
You spend way too much time on these price-focused people. I think they will disappear. New ones will come, but these ones will disappear. :smiley:
Nothing shows this better than the fact the Reddit post you screengrabbed is 3 years old and as I see the alternative Telegram group did not work out either.

There was an alternative Telegram group; I asked Jo about that. The same poster, Jo, here that was banned, ran it. I saw it; and it was doing well.

So people have been complaining about the @ litecoin community for three years and nothing is done but promoting it?

Oddly the positive, informative Telegram forum was hacked (revenge, as you said?), but all the posts were excellent from what I saw; no prices and all information. Now he runs Flare forums and still speaks well of LTC.

This good group of people, but small and hidden, not promoted.

It keeps the good people here, and from spreading positivity and information in the other promoted larger rooms, I guess you could say too. Good informative people who talk about fundamentals are barred forever,

Many see it and are bewildered.

Ladeba,

On behalf of the Litecoin community you deserve an apology for how you and many others were treated in this forum for pointing out what many have seen first hand. You came here with sincere concern for the community and someone who was attacked by a developer.

I read your posts too from another account and you are right, they aren’t going to listen until they experience the same. But who will help them? It’s good to help the harmed but I don’t think you will find the help from Jay or Loshan.

I admire you wanting to help and also agree the community needs help.

Maybe Jo is right, and they do have something positively huge coming, as you said, and to care so little, only considering the community chatter.

Relax and pray they get the help they need. I saw the same issues; you are not alone.

Carol

4 Likes

Carol?

How to protect new owners of LTC, so they know to hold? The telegram group continues to single out new owners. imageTo scare them with not so volatility rather than teach DCA or another tactic, but Charlie visits, and they straighten up? Then he promotes it? Is he aware? How could he not?

so this is fake telegram channel?

No, it’s not fake. Simply the original poster doesn’t agree with how the channel is managed. You are welcome there if you want to talk about the price. But sometimes reasonable discussions are formed, too. But they don’t live long. :smiley:

Yeah. Watch out for Moonsie, he claims to be Charlie but then so do others there.

It’s not I just don’t like how it’s managed but also how many see it’s promoted in official AMA’s by the real Charlie, just like you said previously; “it’s crap” and a stain on LTC not representing LTCs actual progress in adoption, utility, and collaborations.

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Moonsie has some very weird humor, but I don’t think he seriously claims he is Charlie Lee. Everyone knows moonsie there and Charlie Lee is an active member of the channel, too. We cannot stop price discussion. I have spent the past month as a member. The channel is fine. From now on quote me on that, please. The admins are actively keeping it clean and the very disturbing people are banned.
It has some very weird inside humor dynamics, that requires time to get and get used to, but this is the internet, no surprise there. One can have reasonable discussions with some of the members.

Oddly, you seem to think the complaint is price or entirely on the lack of previous moderation. There is some now, but still, the room is unlike any other coin.

Even with the recent announcement on the advancement of MWEB, the moderator and main contributors were clueless.

The concern by many is why such a forum is promoted in almost every AMA. The humor or prices are not a concern. The lack of knowledge, redundant telling people to sell, especially new owners to sell at a loss, and promoted as the place to go for owners is ongoing.

This forum is the only quality LTC forum I’m aware of yet hidden.

In the Telegram group, David Burkette was kind enough to come in and explain some about MW. Some of the typical daily fudders were there who daily try to share new owners. It was good to see his presence caused a moderator to ban one chronic troll, although there are more who do so daily, and the focus is on education for a moment. Good job.

That group wrecks the comrade and reputation daily of those trying to educate about LTC. I hope it becomes a trend to make that an honest working group rather than scams. Finally, a moderator stood up; great to see. And again, good job David Burkette; we appreciate all your hard work and results.

1 Like

No matter what forum you go to there will be trolls, people who get their kicks offending, lying, misinforming. It’s part of living in a free speech society. They might try and manipulate opinion for financial gain. Free speech might offend you. Who gets to decide what’s right to do on a forum? Only the moderator. If you don’t like a forum, don’t try and change it, just leave it. Start a better one. Don’t make decision based on anybody’s opinion without research.

1 Like

I agree with your proactive stance. In that particular room, constructive people are often deleted and the same nonsense ongoing, more than most any room.

I don’t see why it would be promoted, given its current state. In addition certainly, that energy could be harnessed to create a positive benefit for LTC.

The unfortunate part is look who moderates those forums on Reddit and TG. I like this forum here and hope it doesn’t become like them and continues to support positive posts from Burkette and Jay Mila.

Some people use FUD to hope for lower prices of LTC.
I agree: an iron fist in the telegram litecoin group would do some good.

1 Like

I completely agree.