Thoughts on Litecoin marketing

The main LTC room is “crap” as you said. And it seems when Jo’s old room began to have a positive influence his channel was hacked after being threatened and shunned by Losh.

I like this small room, although it sequesters the positive people here, while Losh moderates all three. Odd.

Oh, no! The drama! LTC is doomed. :slight_smile: Sorry. It is still weird to me how obsessed you are with these forums and people. Of course, we are different, we find different things important and interesting.

I don’t find you weird at all.

Although, as you can see, I agree with you the largest LTC room is “crap”, and a good community member was vilified, and you do nothing to help either.

Like you, I don’t care about price.

I do care about how I’ve seen new people be told to sell, as seen in the snapshots in the main community, and a good person railroaded.

I like LTC so does Jo, as I saw him post good things about LTC today.

I see it odd that such a great coin allows their biggest community to abuse new owners, falsely accuse good members, and encourage people to sell.

****The image below is why he was kicked out because he said LTC could be staked with Flare. And guess what, Jo was right.

Now people on there call Charlie all kinds of names, something he never did from all the posts I researched. He always and still speaks well of Charlie.

You’re good with computers; search him, talk to him, he speaks well of LTC and is falsely accused, and now they are after Charlie while he promotes that forum!
It’s been interesting to read for myself and see the truth. Behind the drama is a need for a good community that adequately represents this great coin, not a forum that harms new owners or chases away good members.

I like this room; I wish it was bigger and promoted instead. I don’t see why it needs prizes to get the few members, though. Good members would be attracted to quality information and announcements about MWEB, adoption, etc.image

Very interesting. I agree with your points.

1 Like

Thank you. Many others clearly see it too.

Wrong thread, good luck.

Well, @coblee jumped in the room in the past 24 hours, and the discussion remained reasonable. I have seen one eth believer bashing LTC, but he was handled. I like how Charlie handles people. He understands, that people are frustrated because of the price. But he does what he believes in and in the long term it will be better for these people, too.

Haha, I saw that. Reasonable? I saw a change, less harassment and scams. They certainly calmed down, and no one was openly telling people to sell who just bought or trashing the coin. Have him go in under a different name and see a separate room.

I did see some harassing names get banned, but only for a day. The informative people who weren’t fud or fomo get permanently banned. Don’t you find that odd?

Fud, I don’t see the need to ban them or fomo unless they are harassing people or scamming, which is the norm. Informative people are the ones that get barred forever.

I’m not sure why you are focused on price. I just complained about informative people getting banned permanently and scammers being outright encouraged or only restricted for a day while informative people and those who are finished being scammed are removed.

It’s an odd room, but they did talk with him present and didn’t harass people.

He uses this group to represent him? They attack other groups, attack positive people, talk crap about Charlie and the coin when he isn’t there, and Chronically scam, Yet he promotes it?

The room has no information and often damaging to others while they attack people and other sites openly.

It’s unlike any other coin’s room.

Little to no discussion of fundamentals, adoption, and they ban people who do as seen for years (as you pointed out of one image.)

Fud and fomo is fine but useless; I don’t see a problem. But informative, positive writers are banned; that’s the problem; scamming, harassment, openly targeting people and other groups, and overall creating a bad image for LTC, “crap” as you called it, while he promotes it.

That’s a problem.

Follow up of this conversation that was split in two: Why is @Litecoin on Telegram promoted??

I have no idea why you are following that group so closely if it annoys you. You are also constantly cherrypicking and misrepresenting it.
This group can look very different in 5 years, one must let it develop. I don’t know why you are fixated so much on its present problems. In this you are a little bit similar to the people bashing LTC for its bad price performance.
And I’m not focused on price. But many people with lots of money in the game are. And it seems Charlie understands this more than you and he is way more understanding with those people in this regard.
I stop discussing this topic, you made up your mind anyway. We can come back to it in a few years and see if it really was such a big problem, or not.

It’s already been a few years, as you point out. I’m not “fixated,” but I do see a problem being endorsed.

A room that sickens many, encourages overlooks harassment, consistently scams, vilify good members, bans informative members permanently but only bans an attacker for a day. While they also harass other channels and rooms to the point of damage.

To top it off, Reddit communities and those in the region consider @ litecoin Charlie’s room since he endorsed it.

1-Chronic harrassment

2-If LTC developers are discussed it’s usually negative about Charlie, David B., Craig W and a Jay.

Losh is never spoken bad about yet he is centrally modding multiple LTC rooms

So a room that villified a good community member (I read all the posts including Losh’s tantrum message), a room that encourages nonsense over information, a room that openly scams and privately takes money from new owners, and you are for Charlie supporting it?

How about getting decent mods in there who catch the scamners, don’t vilify people and can admit wrong, who can speak truthfully to each other and actually have an informative group that people enjoy rather than be disgusted by the recommended room.

I know of prominent people there who admittedly destroyed another excellent informative room (hacked it) then claimed he was after them, made up Issues, typical gaslighting.

It has already been a problem for years, by your admittance. Also, you too called it “crap.” But Charlie promotes it.

Is Charlie going to tell what significant surprise he has to justify allowing Such a Damaging room, too many yet it goes on Existing as is?

I like litecoin; its fundamentals are exciting; the community has a high smell factor shunning/attacking good members while only temporarily banning silliness for a day, and attacking other rooms

I care what people think of LTC.

I’m sure you do too. Would you send a friend there knowing they can falsely accuse them, scam, create damage to their work , and for the most part, barely talk about the coin?

Conversation split: Why is @Litecoin on Telegram promoted?

Just as I said, I’m done with the topic. This conversation doesn’t lead anywhere.

Not if you already admit to the problem, acknowledge long-standing issues, see innocent people get harmed, see it as crap, know Charlie promotes it, and don’t care about the community’s most significant forum representation of the coin harming the coins reputation or people.

Maybe Jo’s right; they must have something big coming, or they would care about the lack of the positive community there and elsewhere, would not allow a developer to mod all three, ban from all rooms the informative, falsely accuse, and more, etc. They endorse attacking people and, in their minds, competing groups.

I’ve seen images of what they have done. They have presented only further excuses with no evidence as they attack positive channels and people.

Many community members care, want it better, or quit believing in the coin and their nonsense.

A bad reputation is hard to overcome unless something huge is coming. Is that it?

Is it cognitive dissonance and not wanting to rock the boat to protect others in the community? Or is their something huge coming to give reason not caring about the biggest communities damaging ways?

The problem is not even 10% are aware that they can use Litecoin as a payment. Paypal has no checkmark saying pay with LTC or BTC.

There the @litecoinfoundation is asked to step in and make Paypal aware to put those checkmarks

The authorities should take more initiative to build a stronger marketing strategy that combats the hate it got unnecessarily. Litecoin is the next best after Ethereum when it comes to altcoins. Sadly, people don’t understand and keep using other shitcoins.

Rather the other way round. Afte all this is the litcoin forum.

Litecoin deserves more reputation. If the marketing is good, I think people will start using more litecoin. Afterall, what shows is what sells.

Charlie may feel confident about the market potential of his product because he knows that a great product does not require extensive advertising.

The best way to market litecoin is by using it more often. Like if you are someone who pays in crypto, start using LTC more. As a merchant I have done my bit by setting up a payment gateway where clients can pay me in Litecoin. A drop in the ocean but it does make a difference in the end.

Marketing = Publicity, and a lot of it.