Does anyone buy obscure altcoins?

Do you think it makes sense to buy low-liquid altcoins?

noā€¦but Iā€™ve mined some Iā€™m still sitting on for no particular reason I can fathom except the 1 in 100 chance that they pump and I sold them for the dust they are now worth. :frowning:

No, itā€™s a trap

for the most part yesā€¦thouā€¦I had a buddy sitting on, I think it was, vergeā€¦or something back with the pumpā€¦and woke up one day with 1/2 million which he dumped and paid taxes on ā€¦asapā€¦and of course
the price dumped so he was wise to do soā€¦

thus, the few altcoins, besides LTC, I have sitting about with a 1 in 100 chance of pumping I have gathered thru miningā€¦but it can happenā€¦was more common with ICOā€™s (when allowed in USAā€¦i scored with the legit Lisk ICO) but alasā€¦such days are gone

1 Like

Seems like someones still making them: I created my own coin by forked litecoin

I to can draw ā€˜unicornsā€™ (ie mine from a site personal coinsā€¦indeed altcoin generation sites)ā€¦
so unicorn drawing and/or your own altcoin is fine by itselfā€¦it is when you start to believe in unicorns and your own forked altcoin off of LTC or BTC or whateverā€¦where massive delusion comes inā€¦

(my preciousā€¦my preciousā€¦) ahemā€¦you see the problem

It seems to me that it is hard to find a worthy project.

Donā€™t think so :roll_eyes: Probablyā€¦ if you have good intuition and youā€™re pretty sure that the project is nice and itā€™s worth to invest then youā€™re free to buy

if you rely on intuition, then you can say goodbye to money ā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m a beginner in all altcoins and my first thought upon entering this field is the same way in stocks, to never buy something I do not know or doesnā€™t have good history and fundamentals - to save time and resources. I only look into the ones with large market caps.

1 Like

well-founded approach):+1:

Would BEAM and GRIN be considered ā€œobscureā€ in this case? Yes? No? and why? :thinking:

What about ION? Anyone running any masternodes?

I even heard nothing about it))):joy::joy:

Thats alright no worries. They are both built on the WimbleMimble protocol.
Hereā€™s an article on what they are if youā€™d like to understand them moreā€¦

What is even more spectacular is thisā€¦

Congratulations! You learn something new today - we all learn something new everyday :wink:

What is obscure to you exactly?

Good mark, next time will think it over!

We have been mining earthcoin and Litecoin, thank you

Low liquid altcoins can bring unexpected profits. But it will take a long time. Highly. And they may not bring profit at all, it is very disappointing.
But you can change such garbage to another one, and once buy highly liquid altcoins for them.
In any case, you can easily experiment with such low liquid currencies.
Good luck

I was bullish on Masternodes but really, thatā€™s still centralization. Iā€™m no longer very interested in this tech race. Lets see some fungibility from our big bags, BTC / LTC, before I start thinking about the layers of a blockchain throughput.