Which Litecoin wallet is the best?

I merged a few threads into this one. Let’s make a wiki page later.

2 Likes

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mw.org.freewallet.app

Freewallet for small amounts

I would use Exodus. It looks good and support many coins plus you can have your own private key if you like.
They have great support too.

I miss the Loaf wallet name, but for adoption purposes I take it Litewallet was more feasible, I still reference as loaf every now and then lol

Do you use the Ledger X Rex?

For store of value purposes I use Ledger and love it, even have crypto keys for safe storage of my mnemonic passcodes. For means of exchange portion I definitely use the “Litewallet” which used to be called Loaf wallet. It’s simple to use and interface is nice. Found in the App Store

Why are there so many FREE Litecoin/crypto wallets…what in it for them?

Well the Litewallet is developed by the Litecoin Foundation, volunteers that believe in it, which donations and support are appreciated. But as for the others, maybe it’s in accord to the open sourced characteristics of the space.

yes i do, works very well.

1 Like

Been satisfied with the Core wallet so far, no complaints.

I would say the core wallet or electrum - almost every hardware wallet out there has a back door or some way to be exploited. either that or a balletcrypto pro series - they may make the wallet but with BIP38 and you holding the passphrase, it is one of the best if you go outside of core or electrum.

Here’s the list of Litecoin wallets you can use for any one of these

1. Ledger Nano X
  2. TREZOR T
  3. Electrum LTC
  4. Atomic Wallet
  5. Exodus Wallet

Get in touch with us(Steem Experts) for cryptocurrency development, marketing and designing services!

HELLO Winxi,
nice to meet you, I would like to manage for my customers users the private keys for lite coin,
this is what i do for Bitcoin on Blockchain-wallet and Mettamask for Ethereum
for security issue …
can you recommend any wallet that enable me to manage many LTC wallet using users private key ??

I would recommend that each user manage their own private keys - anyone that allows someone else to manage the private keys for their crypto has no crypto — only the person managing the keys has crypto, the rest is just deception.

Not your keys - not your crypto.

In fact we have recently obtained an Agreement as Crypto Service Provider , from the French Security Exchange Authority,

and we operate under there controle , they demande that the withdrawal to be controled, so each withdraw must be hold and done after AML control to be opérate by the Service provider, and report is done monthly about all transactions …
this is why we are obliged to manage the withdrawal of the users, and we must operate our selfes

That is nice and dandy but still - if the user does not hold the keys, then it is not their crypto and is subject to be taken at any time and/or have the owners disappear with funds if/when the exchange closes. There is only one exchange that has ever closed where everyone got their money - none others can say that.

Hi ,

Preciselly the regulators want to controle the Users Private key, by exercising them selfs above internal and external controle of the Service providers in order to protect the users crypto, exactly like they do it with Banks, insurance and paiment companies …
if we can’t be compliant then we cant hold Litecoin in the wallets.

Now you don’t have a solution or if there is no solution then also it is good to know

if your users cannot hold their own private keys, I would suggest to them not to use your services. No user should ever use any service where the user does not hold their own private keys.

YOU might ignore that millions of users using providers like Coinbase, Bitstamp, Bitfinex, Bittrex, Binance and more and more , users don’t have there own private key !! it is held by providers , most of them handles LITECOIN private key …
what you are thinking is based on person having technical knowledge , mostly users don’t know what is private key …
any how thank you … I will find a soltution wihout your help …

I do not ignore that millions use those services, using them is not a problem. I don’t see any issues with people using services to do exchanging of coins but I would not and do not suggest anyone use exchange services to hold their funds long term, transfer in, make the trades and then transfer it back out as soon as possible. The issue arises when they use an exchange as a wallet vs what it really is, which is an exchange. Funds should be deposited, exchanged and then withdrawn.

This is because you cannot ignore the hundreds of millions of value that has been lost to customers when exchanges fold/close and take all the funds with them. There has never been but one exchange that closed and gave 100% of all customers 100% of their balances. No other exchange could or has. Their either stole the funds or they leveraged more than they held. Either scenario is possible with any exchange and thus the reason why it should be used simply as an exchange and never as a wallet for storage.