Transfer litecoin from old wallet to new wallet help please

Hi, I have a old version litecoin wallet which I have been using sending and receiving up until 4 weeks ago. I have tried to transfer to an exchange but the coins have not confirmed. I have tried again numerous times to send them to different addresses but the same thing keeps happening. The litecoins have been debited but are unconfirmed so I cannot access them. Now I have downloaded the newer version but my coins did not transfer to them. I am running windows 7. Can anybody give me basic advice as I am not real smart when it comes to computers. Any help would be appreciated.

just download the newest wallet and as long as you are using your c drive it should update with no issues…if using it externally that’s a little different…

Hi Thanks for the response… I downloaded the new version of litecoin core. Transactions have appeared on the new version except I still cannot access the coins that have not been confirmed… Also there is 10 ltc less than my original balance. I have tried to abandon one transaction but it does not cancel it. The coins have not been credited back. I have now transferred a small amount to another wallet and they have been confirmed. Any thoughts…

did you wait till the wallet is completely synced before you did anything?

you may need to import you old address’ into the new wallet…in the debug window under console type help and you will see importaddress …followed by what the function does… type this ( importaddress ) followed by the address that contained the original transaction(s) …if it is password protected you will type the password after the address you are importing…so its: importaddress ( address) passphrase…then exit and restart litecoin…

if still stuck let me know and I can walk you through dumping your private keys and sweeping the transactions into the new wallet…

Hi… Yes i waited until it had fully updated the blockchain. I have done what you have mentioned but it comes up with ( The wallet already contains the private key for this address or script (code -4)…) I have tried to restart the old wallet as well but it will not start anymore…

ic…maybe try starting qt with the -reindex -rescan…the old wallet that you tried abandoning the transaction with
this is also listed in help… -zapwallet or -zaptransaction I cant remember which one it is will cancel a unconfirmed transaction
you will only be able to start the old wallet with a different application data location…you can make a new folder celled data and start the old wallet with a batch file containing the following : start litecoin-qt.exe -datadir=data then let the old wallet sync…however I am not sure how compatible the backups are for versions going backwards if at all…more than likely the new wallet doesn’t contain the private key for the 10 coin transaction…because the transaction was never broadcast to the network and confirmed 6 times minimum…if you can get the old wallet started with a separate block-chain copy then just send the coins to a new address you make in the new wallet that would be ideal…

Double check you have all your address’ from the old wallet in the new wallet

How do you resolve if external?

start qt from the command line with a flag stating where the data directory is like this is windows:
c:/(litecoin-qt installation location) -datadir=(blockchain location Appdata folder by default)

use the -help flag to see all options for starting qt…
example…I have qt installed on a external drive that locates as the E drive…so I start litecoin with a batch file in the same folder as qt is installed with the flag or start from command line with the flag specifying to use the E drive(folder location) using the -datadir flag