Transaction per second

Hru all?

Litecoin can process 54 tps. Way more than BTC and ETH.
Visa/MC process up to 25k tps everyday.
Can the LN compete with Visa/MC?

Tx

1 Like

Even with a slower transaction speed than Visa or MasterCard, Litecoin can offer something that they cannot: availability. With accounts being frozen in Canada and sanctions being applied to Russia, those that did not prepare in advance for that are likely feeling the pain now.

Litecoin competes with the regular payment systems in another way. It provides a freedom that they do not provide, and it also provides protection from inflation (if you don’t jump in when the market is hot and the prices are unreasonably high). The disinflationary rate of Litecoin will continue to decrease until it disappears entirely (unlike most fiat currencies out there, which there is no upper limit on the supply of the currency).

6 Likes

Yes, I’m agree with you about decentralized in litecoin network. That’s why I hold both BTC and LTC.

2 Likes

this is an old thread. Create a new one

Yes, Its essentil to have a discussion on this topic.

This is surely an important topic to discuss. I would love to be a part of the new thread if anyone creates it.

Is there any website to understand or check coins transaction speed…?

1 Like

Litecoin is the best coin in the Defi space. It offers various solutions related to payment issues in the banking system.Visa/MC already adopting blocking technology in their payment services.

2 Likes

Only time will tell. But I think LN will compete with mastercard and visa in the future.

1 Like

well that’s useful.