There seems to be no how to use page?

I came here and am doing whatever the software is doing (Syncing?) and a window says now done in 4 more hours.
I have only wifi and really this is the basic
I wanted to donate to a company cannot use PayPal he gave me the name of Litecoin and a very long number which I’m guessing is his account.
I have no interest in mining or really much of anything else than giving this man some cash. But I can’t seem to find a how to do this page.
Please provide a link or explanation. Thanks

1 Like

This might help you: how to get my wallet address?

I think it’s intentional the lack of a page explaining how to use Litecoin. Litecoin is still somewhat experimental, and users that do not fully understand the implications of cryptography might not be ready to bear the responsibility of self-sovereign crypto-money.

1 Like

Okay, but then I need the information to undo the damage that has happened by downloading litecoin and it then filled my harddrive with something that I don’t understand and deleting litecoin software did not solve.
I have only 35GB of real stuff on the harddrive but only 41MB of space and no software I have to see what’s going on sees anything. The Harddrive is 100GB.
Then the other part of the question is how was I supposed to send $ to this company using litecoin if one doesn’t download the software?
Even A basic user page would be helpful. But if you could guide me on the recovery process that would be great.
I briefly looked at the wallet link? It sort of makes sense if one is interested in receiving money through litecoin but I am not I just wanted this once to donate.
If there is a link to that information that would also be helpful.
thanks for replying.

It much easier to register in an exchange, transfer money to them, buy some litecoin and transfer the litecoin to the recipient. You don’t have to use litecoin on the computer for this.

Okay, but then I need the information to undo the damage that has happened by downloading litecoin and it then filled my harddrive with something that I don’t understand and deleting litecoin software did not solve.

If you are on Linux, you could delete all of the blockchain data at the following folder:

~/.litecoin/blocks

This will probably relieve your hard disk of about 50 GiB of data.

I’m not sure what the folder is on Windows, but it’s probably this one:

%AppData%\.litecoin\blocks

Then the other part of the question is how was I supposed to send $ to this company using litecoin if one doesn’t download the software?

It’s possible to convert your fiat money into Litecoin by visting a crypto exchange. There, you’ll be able to exchange dollars for Litecoin, and request the exchange to send the Litecoin to the specified address. Kraken enables you to deposit dollars and use them to acquire crypto (in this case, Litecoin). Binance is one of the most popular exchanges, but it is becoming somewhat inconvenient when it comes to depositing fiat (dollars). There is also Coinbase, which is one of the oldest exchanges exchanges out there. I have received payments in Litecoin from Coinbase some time ago. The other party gave dollars to Coinbase, and Coinbase gave me Litecoin. Bear in mind that exchanges simply handle Litecoin. There is no corporation behind Litecoin, as it is a decentralized cryptocurrency.

1 Like