The collapse of FTX killled coin prices forcing me to unplug my miners

Here we go again…
I have 2 antminer l3’s up for grabs if anyone is interested…
I am officially quitting the crypto space because it now costs more to be involved than it does not to…
so I guess…crypto is NOT the future like everyone claimed…
I am out of crypto for good as long as I have to rely on centralized exchanges…
when I can exchange a coin for a dolllar in a decentralized manner…that is the ONLY way crypto will EVER make sense in the future…
besides the fact that if you loose you password…your screwed and NOONE can do anything about it…
Those two problems put the nail in the coffin for me…

I changed my entire life for crypto…unfortunately it is the people that is the problem…not the code…

You are right. It is the people, that is the problem, not the code. I always see crypto, as a form of payment. This is how it should be used, not as an investment vehicle.

2 Likes

I think the odd thing about me is that I still have that sleight bit of hope…
I did my self a favor last night and added up my mining earnings for the year and found out that I am exactly broken even on returns to costs for the year of running my little farm…
That is not including the coins I am holding still holding or the profit I would regain by selling my asics to upgrade…
so I guess I am not actually “quitting the space” for now…because I did turn my miners back on as the litecoin miners are what has been keeping me and my farm alive for the past two years…my bitcoin asics and gpus have just been little perks this year…

I guess I just have to upgrade my hardware and just continue to NOT store coins on an exchange and also NOT rely on 1 single exchange…

I have made progress with my private key finder algorithm (hashadder.com) this year so I guess there is still hope there…
I just have to keep coding and using trial and error till I finish I guess…

Take it as learning fee. Have your own wallet in your PC and store the keys somewhere.

Approach is very important. You need to find out how to make the most of your time and ear profit. Keep an open mind and you will find a way!

1 Like

I think everyone has their right to be opinionated. The way you choose to make a move says everything about your agenda. So, be willing to adapt and things will work out for the better!

1 Like

I am still mining litecoin at the moment…only the newest bitcoin miners are running now…had to retire some old ones…
Im just mining to hold at the moment because I refuse to sell at a loss…

What harmed crypto was blackrock speculation on Luna, so there is not only FTX to blame.

1 Like