TestNet dns seeds and so basically TestNet itself does not work. Is LiteCoin a dying blockchain/no developers

The only way any developer can work with LiteCoin is for there to be a working TestNet. Since the dns seeds form the core for the construction of the peer group for the blockchain, and since NONE of the 3 dns seeds for TestNet work, the TestNet itself is completely unusable. It has been this way for WEEKS. This means to me that basically there is not one developer in the entire world actively working on LiteCoin development.

I have been able to get my dev project working on TestNets for bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ethereum, etc… Wondering if I should just throw the LiteCoin impl in the trash and just forget about this blockchain because it is dying/dead?

Not at all, you may see the development on github. Also, testnet was crucial to MWEB, you may resync your testnet.

Not sure why u seem to be so optimistic. LiteCoin TestNet IS STILL DOWN AND HAS BEEN NOW FOR OVER A MONTH!!! Log traces (below) from test just ran show all 3 dns seeds for litecoin testnet are gone/dead! If u go look in the source code to litecoin git project, u will see that these are the three dns seeds hardcoded in for TestNet params.

The fact that it appears I am the only person in the world that seems to care about this means that I am likely the only person in the world currently trying to do any development of applications that use the LiteCoin block chain. I haven’t had any issues developing with bitcoin, bitcoin_cash, ethereum, neo, hedera, …appears we are just going to have to drop litecoin from the list.

12:42:59.154 [PeerGroup Thread] WARN o.l.n.d.MultiplexingDiscovery - Seed testnet-seed.litecointools.com: failed to look up: org.litecoinj.net.discovery.PeerDiscoveryException: java.net.UnknownHostException: testnet-seed.litecointools.com
12:42:59.154 [PeerGroup Thread] WARN o.l.n.d.MultiplexingDiscovery - Seed seed-b.litecoin.loshan.co.uk: failed to look up: org.litecoinj.net.discovery.PeerDiscoveryException: java.net.UnknownHostException: seed-b.litecoin.loshan.co.uk
12:42:59.154 [PeerGroup Thread] WARN o.l.n.d.MultiplexingDiscovery - Seed dnsseed-testnet.thrasher.io: failed to look up: org.litecoinj.net.discovery.PeerDiscoveryException: java.net.UnknownHostException: dnsseed-testnet.thrasher.io

@losh11 made an update on his DNS seed server that he is going to fix on this thread:

Does LiteCoin TestNet Work, and if so, what are the dns seed addresses that work

You got your answer. Please keep civil discussion and don’t open new threads about the same topic.

1 Like

That could also interest @jurijjgalanin
:slight_smile: