Retrieving LTC on Core wallet using .DAT

Hello Alan
thanks for your words partner
The important file that you should always keep a copy of is the one called “wallet.dat” found in C or D: \ Users \ YourUser \ AppData \ Roaming \ Litecoin
Using the LTC Core v0.18.1 wallet from the Litecoin developers I don’t remember having to save the recovery words as it happens with other cryptocurrency wallets like Exodus or others.
So if you installed, synced, and have a new LTC Core v0.18.1 wallet running, the setup program automatically generated a new wallet.dat file, with the information of your transactions and LTC accumulated since the date of the new installation.
To retrieve your old transactions that have been saved in the old “wallet.dat”, and with LTC Core wallet v0.18.1 not running, you just have to move to other subdirectory the new wallet.dat and put the old wallet.dat in that C or subdirectory D: \ Users \ YourUser \ AppData \ Roaming \ Litecoin \ wallets
Doing this and running LTC Core wallet v0.18.1 should show your previous transactions and your old accumulated LTC
IMPORTANT: Before doing anything, make a copy of the old wallet.dat and the new wallet.dat, calling them for example: wallet_old.dat and wallet_new.dat, in another directory
Then in C or D: \ Users \ YourUser \ AppData \ Roaming \ Litecoin \ wallets, there should be a file named wallet.dat, whether you want to run the wallet with the old or new information.
I hope it has been useful to you
Greetings!

1 Like

Thanks again mate.
Will get my IT guru to play with the laptop that had the ‘failed’ wallet.

Was not too concerned as had recovery words.
So downloaded latest wallet. Thought I would be prompted re recovery procedure.
Nuh

So will try for both the IT solution & the ‘reload the seeds’ procedure.

Many thanks again bro…