In 2014 I was mining litecoins for a while and have a backup of my wallet.dat from that time. I am able to load it up without any issue, but it is showing (what I believe was my original balance) a bunch of unconfirmed received transactions.
I am trying to track this down and see what I can do to recover any of the litecoins I may have had. Here is a timeline for what transpired:
April 21 - April 27 2014 I mined litecoin with mine-litecoin.com pool which seems to no longer be active. The result was around 300 LTC for the mining that was done and I saved the wallet.dat.
Fast forward to the present and I have done the following to try and determine what went wrong:
- Checking the transaction ID in https://live.blockcypher.com/ shows that the transaction is not confirmed.
- Dumping the hex of the transaction from my wallet is successful
- Using a broadcast push (through electrum and also through blockcypher) fails due to “Missing inputs (-25)”
- When I used blockcypher I also received further info in the error saying that the parent reference was also not confirmed and may be orphaned
- Using this TX ID also shows that it is not confirmed
I have also tried the normal litecoin wallet and electrum, and I have reindexed/rescanned numerous times. If I use electrum and import my private key I do not see any received transactions as I believe these are stored in the wallet.
An example transaction I am trying to track down is below:
Status: 0/unconfirmed, not in memory pool
Date: 1/21/14 20:36
Credit: 5.00000000 LTC
Net amount: +5.00000000 LTC
Transaction ID: f527760e4b6d04c1fdbaa051adbbaf5f9659625c59ebc026ba3b6202c0606d14
Transaction total size: 226 bytes
Output index: 1
I can provide more transaction details on request. I have a bunch of small transactions as well that I can try to do various recovery tasks for testing (if there is something that might be ‘risky’ but worth trying).
If anyone is able to help I will greatly appreciate it and will certainly reward you for your time.
Thanks in advance.