Passphrase forgotten but balance found on Electrum - Reward will be offered

Hello All,

I’ve re-synced my original Litecoin Core wallet but encrypted with a passphrase that I do not remember now.

The syncing was taking some time so I’ve installed Electrum-LTC (Watching only) and its found my coins but again is asking for a private key so that I can send my litecoins.

I’ve tried a few methods (python hash, console debug), brute force software but to no avail.

if anyone can help to get my private key and passphrase then I can offer some litecoins for this assistance.

I dont want to go down the route of seeking wallet recovery services from dodgy Mick’s website.

Thanks

If you don’t remember you paraphrase you at sh*t out of luck I’m afraid.

Services can’t help if you know this at all.

Brad

1 Like

I guess the only method you can use if you don’t remember your passphrase is brute force… good luck. Maybe try hypnosis to remember.

Umm like others have said if you lose that passphrase you are out of luck. That passphrases very purpose is to make it so even if someone can recreate or mirror your wallet they can’t send your coins…

Can you just go through the steps of creating a new wallet on core using your seed words and set a new password?

He’s right

You can reset password from seed

Litecoin Core does not support mnemonic seed. @Searing is correct.

Your only option is a brute force.

It is supported on Electrum-LTC

If you have your seed, use it to reset password on electrum-ltc.

yet another yet another yet another yet another yet another yet another yet another scam attempt.

The original poster stated their funds were held on a wallet with Litecoin Core.

I’m closing this thread. The original post was over a year ago and there is no value in keeping it going.

1 Like