Need help from lead Developer

This post is being written in hopes that it will reach some of litecoins lead developers in hopes that they may be able to help me figure out what happened with this wallet…

I am trying to recover what happened to a clients wallet…
this client imported their electrum-ltc wallet into core and then set a passphrase…

the core wallet has deleted the master priv key as a result…considering support for bip38…i dont see this as being a problem…now it just uses the master pub and chain code to create the keys in the wallet…
the issue here is the fact that it seems that when the password was set…some how the hex has extracted a small portion of the source code into the wallet…
it placed it in hex format right after the master key, salt and iteration count…
there is also extra information in the wallet now…a key with the value ‘03000000’ which points to the value ‘0xcorderposnext’
i have looked and the phase ‘corderposnext’ is actually part of the source code which seems to be telling the wallet to go to the next key when ‘newaddress’ is called and the 03000000 seems to be
a stack pointer
is it maybe trying to point to the passwords hash which is no longer there?
WHY would it suddenly be in the wallet now? And especially only after setting a password on a HD wallet and causing it to only work as non-HD now…
I know it is possible to write source code that will print itself…maybe the hex of the password caused this?
I do know that when I hex the entire password…it becomes a valid script in hex format with many shifts and other OP’s…so this is the only thing I can come up with from what I know so far.
the thing is…the password was working in the older version(pre version 12) and ever since segwit…now suddenly the wallet has extra info in it and the password doesnt work in new versions at all…
only in old versions as HD
wont work as HD in newest versions…only as non-HD but will not decrypt now
there has to be an extra version byte somewhere or something

I am certain that a buffer overflow is the cause of this
when i try and restore the wallet…it gets an “Assertion Error” unless I use non-hd…
the thing is…the wallet is originally an electrum LTC HD wallet…
any help with this is more than appreciated…
thanks in advance
SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE!!! I don’t want theories from people that do not know how to code…

I am almost 99.99% sure that what is going on is I have bip38 encrypted priv keys and the core wallet is trying to decrypt using sha256 instead of scrypt…
the reason I think this is similar to a bug I recently found in version 17…
where you can create a new bech32 wallet using an older version HD wallet…then you can start the wallet with the “-usehd=0” flag and it will recognize the new bech32 key as only a 2 character address
I can show a video of how I do this if needed

maybe someone could lead me in the right direction to get to a lead dev at least with this post?

You can try Xinxi he is the Sysop of this Board…otherwise troll for emails on the Litecoin Foundation

Development Pages for a reply directly

Brad

Thanks…will do