Metal Bitcoin Seed Storages

What recovery seed storages for cryptocurrency are you using? Which are the best?

The way I use is to buy some galvanized 4" x 4" cover plates for electrical junction boxes and stamp the seed words onto them with some die stamps available from a hardware supplier / Ebay. You only need the first 4 letters of each seed word. You can also scramble the words so not in correct order and have another metal plate that reminds you of what order the words should be in , ex: 12, 10, 9 etc.

Yeah, but don’t try to be smart. Store the words, keep them safe. Don’t overestimate what you will remember 3-5-10-15 years from now. Even passphrases can be risky. At the end of the day, you must take some risks somewhere. (Multisig wallets also seem like a good solution.)
I’m surprised nobody mentioned Lopp’s work here yet.

Another good back up can be done using a free encryption program called veracrypt . You only want to use it on a dedicated laptop that you never allow online so it can’t have malware or spyware. You can also back that file up to a thumbdrive in case the laptop fails. Veracrypt is worth checking out.

Naah thanks. I prefer a something physical/metal.

1 Like