LTCs stolen form Litecoin wallet

Today I discovered all litecoins missing from my wallet. My wallet was not in use for couple weeks, and today I opened it, and found that all my assets were transferred on 25 aug 2021 to another unknown account without my will and permission. Which should not normally happen.
Some details of that transaction as follows:

Date: 25.08.2021 23:52
To: LLwUkobK3hQc9UxcWAWYCMAkvMYAzyKBKg
Debet: -11.08510968 LTC
ID: a26c47ebd0f4cf266f9d21be5da56f4cf450edae22de204ae97eac145eb488a6

Kindly help to retrieve my LTCs back.

I’m sorry to say, but unfortunately there is no way back. Someone somehow got to know your private key. The person who knows the private key, owns the coins and can transfer them.
If you are willing to share what type of wallet you used, we might be able to reconstruct where you leaked the private key. Maybe you typed the seed words in a website, left them out on a piece of paper, stored them in an unsafe online folder etc. Sadly, there are many ways how one can leave the keys for someone else to grab.

Unfortunately, I did not share with anyone my key, as there was no key at all. My litecoin core was downloaded from Litecoin.ord for WIndows and was not encrypted. Normally the access to the program (and to my litecoins as well) should only be from my computer which is at home at all times, and there is no chance to physically approach it for anyone unknown.
Regret to say, but I suspect, that the access to anyone’s litecoins is not only from the personal wallet and is from a network as well, even litecoins are kept in the cold wallet. Despite their promises, it is evidently possible to still litecoins from the litecoin core wallet, without access to computer.

I don’t think so. Why blame others for something you don’t know?

If your wallet was not encrypted with a password, then any spyware/trojan/hacker that has read access to the wallet can stole your coins.

I’m sorry for your loss. Better ask questions like:
Do you run a legal copy of windows?
Was up to date?
Was your firewall enabled?
Do you download and install software from non secure places?
Did you “copy and pasted” any private key?
Your unencrypted wallet was uploaded to any cloud service?
Are you sure nobody accessed you computer? any service?
Do you use remote desktop programs?

2 Likes

Also I am sorry about my loss. ((
Yes, it may happen that a virus did it, of course.
Answering your questions:

Do you run a legal copy of windows? YES
Was up to date? NO MESSAGE FROM MY SYSTEM FOR UPDATES AVAILABLE
Was your firewall enabled? YES
Do you download and install software from non secure places? NO. I visited unsecure webs, and quitted them immediately.
Did you “copy and pasted” any private key? THERE WAS NO PRIVATE KEY FOR MY WALLET
Your unencrypted wallet was uploaded to any cloud service? NO
Are you sure nobody accessed you computer? any service? YES, I’M SURE NO ONE ACCESSED IT
Do you use remote desktop programs? NO

As I said I regret this loss happened and very upset, as I do not realize how it happened.

Use ledger

1 Like

What a nightmare :rage:

Sorry, but no, it’s not possible. Cryptography is a very well-researched topic. If you are not an expert, you should not make claims like that. I mean, it seems you clearly don’t understand what is behind a wallet cryptographycally.
Somewhere you must have made a mistake to lose your coins. I’m sorry, but this is not an assumption, this is a fact. Do you really believe that if it would be possible to simply break any wallets, it would have been yours that anyone breaks? And only after 10 years of existance of LTC?

1 Like