LTC has cheaper rates than BCH & Doge etc

incouni, take a loot at the daily volume traded. LTC is far from dead.

LTC is listed on every exchange so it will have high trading volumes. But then again so does XRP and Dogeā€¦ it doesnt mean anything

LTC has been one of the worst performing coins YTD despite always being top 10 in trading volume. Even XRP has outperformed it.

So I think that even strengthens my argument about LTC and its future. Dropped from 5th to 15th in mcap and now sitting at 12. New projects will come in and overtake it. Its just a sad but true reality

But do you even trust XRP? I would never put my money on it.

Depends what you consider ā€˜performanceā€™. If youā€™re looking to day trade then you have lots of options. If youā€™re looking to create a global financial instrument for the people of the world, thanks Litecoin is attached to a Falcon 9 engine!

1 Like

Theres no way you will hold LTC forever unless your average buy in was below 20 dollars. Knowing it crashes 90%+ in every bear marketā€¦

People will sell the moment they can. But also Bitcoin describes what youā€™re saying to be honest.

2 Likes

Sorry @incouni , this is a Litecoin forum. There are lots of people here that actually Loves LTC.

People had said that we should not invest in Litecoin, called shitcoin, said bad things about Lee regardless of his commitment, and YET we are still here.

To be honest, LTC price is quite low, I see as a discount and I am buying more :slight_smile: And also I am giving 1 LTC away, not because I donā€™t need it, but because I do see value on LTC community. GET YOUT IDEA OUT OF THE PAPER AND WIN 1 LTC! #LITECOIN Hands-on Campaign

2 Likes

For the record, my average ā€œbuy inā€ is not calculated on USD rather on BTC.

Who cares how many USD I spent? From my point of view, I just made some bargain buying more LTC.

3 Likes

Iā€™m wondering why are you in this forum. Iā€™m all in for good arguments, but these stupid comparisons based around momentary prices are not adding much to the conversation.

1. My arguments make perfect sense. You just are so brainwashed thinking LTC is so great without refuting anything Iā€™m saying. How did this cult even start?

2. Most people here are not ā€œin it for the techā€ its just larping and defending this coin blindly. My arguments are good you just are so invested you dont care to listen

soyoutellme

Do you really think this is just brainwashing?

you are completely misunderstanding what Iā€™m saying or dont even understandā€¦ What even is this screenshot? Showing me a days change in market dominance? Why dont you do the same from 2019 until now. Thats my whole pointā€¦

1 Like

I see your point. What I am trying to argue is that we saw a huge decline since 2019 (and you are correct), but the trend is reversing. We saw that on XRP, and XRP didnā€™t even had a ā€œmomentumā€ in 2019 as did LTC. We are getting there, just stick to the charts.

1 Like

Lol. You two keep talking about the price like that matters the most.
Well, Iā€™m most definitely not here for earning money. Then I would have Elon-traded doge with some simple algorithm.
And I donā€™t freaking care about market cap rankings, because they donā€™t matter. Really? A few new stable coins and ā€œEth-killersā€ come and we freak out from dropping positions? Wtf?
I looked back, and here are some coins who have been higher than LTC in terms of market cap during the past 4 years:
NEM, ETC, EOS, STELLAR, DASH, BSV. Who cares? The current new contenders? Letā€™s see them 5 years from now. :slight_smile:
And Iā€™m pretty far from being brainwashableā€¦
Keep commenting about the price here, bashing LTC, I donā€™t care. Your time.

1 Like

ā€“ Nevermind. LTC is strong and will start to outperform others. ā€“ you sayā€¦
ā€“ You have been brainwashed. LTC is doomed. ā€“ they reply.
ā€“ Ok. ā€“ you think.

After loooooong 4 hours, market repliesā€¦

outperform

1 Like

Noobs have no clue and just buy what is shilled by some influencers / celebrities who have no clue neither.

Itā€™s been like that in 2017 ā€¦ these noobs end up losing lots of money with those coins as they have little to no value / utility.

Just read how Dogecoin works, what the economics are. It is a copy of Litecoin with a huge unlimited supply where the miners hold the majority of the coins pumping it to dump it onto noobs.

Elon Musk had confessed he mines it with his kids. Hence he pumps it to dump it. Guess his kids must be filthy rich by now ā€¦

4 Likes

MWEB has been to slow to be released. Yes, I know its a big release and code-review takes times. I am a long time hodler of LTC but even I have begun to lose faith. Iā€™m hodling through the MWEB release(until end of year essentially) and then Iā€™m done if we get no positive reaction. I guess I would expect any ramp up to happen before the releaseā€¦by how many months I donā€™t know.

Come-on, as much as I donā€™t like Elon Musk, the Doge-mining part is dumb.
Doge is practically only mined by LTC miners via merged mining. Most miners were dumping it until recently, I guess. Elon simply showed his kid how to set up a miner, thatā€™s it. Do you really believe that they have any significance on the LTC mining scene? No, they donā€™t. Elon Musk is stuffed with government money, I donā€™t think he needs the doge money. Still he might play market. He is a smart billionaire with some mental difficulties and a lack of empathy. My expectations are not high.
The unlimited supply argument never suited me against doge. It now has a well-defined issuance rate, which represents a certain inflation value that diminishes over time. Thatā€™s perfectly fine. Yes, it has infinite supply in infinite amount of time. Who cares?
I donā€™t like what is happening around doge. But it is still a better form of money, than most other cryptos. And that tells a lot.

Do you really believe that we are at the point where the market understands the significance of fungibility?? If there will be a reaction, it will be simply due to hype and not because of the marketā€™s understanding. This is a much longer game we are playing here. These changes will be important many years down the road.

Again, the fundamentals and the lack of a real use case is what is keeping the price down. So it is important. All of us here want to gain purchasing power as monetary currency continue to be printed, which is the reason we are invested in crypto. You really dont care about price at all? sorry but that 100% bullshit.

The difference between projects of 2017 vs now is that people are actually using DeFi and their respective ecosystems which means they own the coin. I think its a bit disingenuous to ignore every project as ā€œwhere will they be in 5 yearsā€ when the narrative was the same 5 years ago about ETH, BNB, ADA (even though ada is a garbage coin lol)

Im not here to bash LTC I just want to know what is the future of LTC and do the devs plan doing anything unique so the use case expands beyond SOV, because you can just hold BTC for that and the point of LTC becomes useless

Let me try then. I joined Litecoin because it was simple to synchronize the full-node blockchain than Bitcoin. Also, never had a secure option to hold ETH outside an exchangeā€¦ Use a browser plugin is not an option for me. Besides of that, the episode where ETH forked the network just to calm down novices that where robbed by a vulnerability showed how dependent to Ethereum governance the ETH coin are.

By contrast, @coblee made a intriguing arduous move to sell his Litecoin. Most of people doomed the project, but in essence he was right. Litecoin is not dependent on his individual interest rather by the work of Litecoin network. This is exactly the opposite of most coins that are driven by governance of main core members. (I am about to write an article on this.)

If I need to move lower amounts of money, LTC is simple and itā€™s not a proprietary platform, not only you can audit the code but is indeed being audited by Bitcoin/Litecoin core developers.

And yes, I hold Bitcoin and I use Litecoin (as well I hold it).

1 Like