Litecoin-qt Server Configuration

Hello,

I am trying to attempt solo mining (for fun) and can’t quite seem to get the Litecoin-qt Wallet setup properly to work. I created the proper .conf file and loaded my personal allow IP and port. However, when I try to connect I am getting 404 errors from minerd, but trying to connect to the server through a browser returns a JSON error. (So, it’s working and serving, but minerd isn’t connecting properly?)

Here is my conf file:

rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=192.168.0.3
rpcport=9332
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0

block_nTime=1317972665
block_nNonce=2084524493

I am using: minerd -a scrypt -r 1 -t 4 -s 6 -o http://127.0.0.1:9332 -O username:password

Unfortunately, my output is this:

[2017-12-09 10:51:37] 4 miner threads started, using ‘scrypt’ algorithm.
[2017-12-09 10:51:37] HTTP request failed: The requested URL returned error: 404
[2017-12-09 10:51:37] json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 seconds

I check netstat, for some reason the port is showing like this:

[::]:9332 (with no IP)

Any helpful tips or tricks to get this working for me? I’m not sure what else to do and everything matches all of the documents I can find online.

Before anyone suggests it, I’m not interested in pool mining. Nor am I too serious about doing this for money, I was just playing around with it and documenting it, but I can’t stand not knowing how to do something and I’d like to figure this out! Thank you so much for any advice that I get.

How did you start your server?

Try:

rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

What’s the output of: litecoin-cli getinfo

Also, what’s the output of: netstat -nlp | grep 9332

I started the server from the Windows CLI using litecoin-qt.exe -server.

I previously had the loopback IP as my rpcallowip, however, I have reverted this change and it is again set to rpcallowip=127.0.0.1 as per your suggestion.

Output of ‘litecoin-cli getinfo’:

{
  "version": 140200,
  "protocolversion": 70015,
  "walletversion": 130000,
  "balance": 0.00000000,
  "blocks": 1328948,
  "timeoffset": -2,
  "connections": 5,
  "proxy": "",
  "difficulty": 2473053.488742437,
  "testnet": false,
  "keypoololdest": 1512678082,
  "keypoolsize": 100,
  "paytxfee": 0.00000000,
  "relayfee": 0.00100000,
  "errors": ""
}

Output of ‘netstat -nlp | grep 9332’:

'grep' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Not sure what grep is, so I filtered it using find, hoping that is what you are looking for:

No output, apparently “l” is not a trigger in my netstat. using -np doesn’t have any output with find “9332”. So, I’m kind of lost at this point.

Thanks for the direction, though! :slight_smile: Still getting the 404 error using the 127.0.0.1 IP.

The grep utility searches any given input files, selecting lines that match one or more patterns.

The | (pipe) operator is a linux CLI thing… just passes the output of one command to another.

getinfo looks good.

You’re problem is you’re using Windows… jk.

What is the path to your litecoin.conf file? I don’t think that the daemon is running and listening on the port you expect. Do you have two litecoin.conf files? Maybe you’re editing the wrong one. I’ve seen that.

I have litecoin.conf in the root Litecoin directory. However, since it wasn’t working I also put a copy in Litecoin\daemon. Not sure where my issue is.

Delete the litecoin.conf file and restart the services. See if you get a message like “Litecoin configuration not found at /some/path”

If you don’t get that message, then there’s a litecoin.conf file out there with different configuartion that’s being referecend. You could also just do a full search of your drives for litecoin.conf.

On Ubuntu 16, my daemon is looking in my home folder in ~/.litecoin/litecoin.conf.

Maybe you could also look at the running processes in Task Manager. Do you see litecoind running?

So, I deleted litecoin.conf from every place on my computer. I run “litecoin-qt.exe -server” and it starts normally and never gives an error. How can I tell for sure if it is serving or what file it is using for configuration?

If it makes any difference I’m running Litecoin Core v0.14.2.

I did a full hard drive search and can’t find anything. Wallet is still starting with no errors when starting with the -server option… I feel at a loss.

Haha, interesting… On Ubuntu, I don’t ever touch bin/litecoin-qt I only use bin/litecoind.

I think I’m running that same version on my Ubuntu server.

Maybe try running bin/litecoind not bin/litecoin-qt -server?

Had to find it, it seems to be in the ‘daemon’ subdirectory. I get the following error:

Error: -daemon is not supported on this operating system

Windows problems… I think someone else is going to have to weigh in, not my OS of choice.

Alrighty THEN!! so… what Windows OS are you using? AND>>. is it possible, to be able to mine with the Litecoin Core software only and NOT use a ‘mining’ software? I am having the same exact issue. Maybe this is an issue where Tech Support folk for litecoin can weigh in. ?? hoping. BTW… can we bypass the daemon completely? is the Daemon even necessary?.. in a windows world?