Litecoin’s code repo is a fork of Bitcoin’s repo with some changes. This training session lets you repeat part of the process of producing Litecoin’s code repo based on Bitcoin’s current code repo.
Please fork https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin into your github account and start to modify the codebase and make it download the Litecoin main net blockchain completely. Make sure you understand every modification.
Once finished, show us the screenshots of the blockchain downloading log and the URL of your github code repository. Make sure it downloads the entire blockchain; it may get stuck in the middle
When doing the port from Bitcoin to Litecoin, you’ll need the values of the IsSuperMajority checker https://github.com/thrasher-/IsSuperMajority-checker as they are consensus related. Incorrect values will cause consensus failure.
Every past release has commits prefixed with "Litecoin: " for cherry-picking/rebasing/merging etc. Examples here: https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/commits/0.17
- Bitcoin’s dev documents: https://bitcoin.org/en/development
- Litecoin development-related docs: https://litecoin.info/index.php/Category:Technical
- Mastering Bitcoin: https://github.com/bitcoinbook/bitcoinbook
- Past commit history/litecoin specific changes there https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin
- Some tools had to be made to find Litecoin specific activation blocks/dates: https://github.com/thrasher-/litecoin-tools
- IsSuperMajority checker https://github.com/thrasher-/IsSuperMajority-checker