Litecoin cross compilation guide on Ubuntu for windows

Hi Litecoin friends!

Im looking for a tut on how to cross compile the latest Litecoin on Ubuntu for windows. Most of the tut availible on the net are heavy out dated.

1 Like

This is what i did so far without luck :expressionless:

Just reinstalled my Ubuntu 20.4 server to try it again with a clean setup up

sudo apt-get update 
apt-get upgrade -y 
apt-get install build-essential libtool autotools-dev automake pkg-config libssl-dev libevent-dev bsdmainutils libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-chrono-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-test-dev libboost-thread-dev -y 

sudo apt-get install libdb4.8-dev libdb4.8++-dev libminiupnpc-dev libzmq3-dev libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler libqrencode-dev g++-mingw-w64-i686 mingw-w64-i686-dev g++-mingw-w64-x86-64 mingw-w64-x86-64-dev curl -y 
update-alternatives --config x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++ 

sudo apt-get install -y libxkbcommon-dev
 sudo apt install xcb
 sudo apt-get install libpcre3 libpcre3-dev
 sudo apt-get install libpng-dev
 sudo apt-get install -y libjpeg-dev

wget https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/archive/refs/tags/v0.18.1.tar.gz 
 tar -xvzf v0.18.1.tar.gz 
 cd litecoin/depends 
 make download 
 make 

cd .. 
 ./autogen.sh 
 ./configure --enable-glibc-back-compat --prefix=`pwd`/depends/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu LDFLAGS="-static-libstdc++" 
 make clean 
 make 
 make install 

cd depends 
 make HOST=x86_64-w64-mingw32 -j4 

cd .. 
 ./configure --prefix=`pwd`/depends/x86_64-w64-mingw32 
 make clean 
 make 
 make install 

cd depends 
 make HOST=i686-w64-mingw32 -j4 
 cd .. 

./configure --prefix=`pwd`/depends/i686-w64-mingw32 
 make clean 
 make 
 make install

Ill post the errors i get later…

ps this is still outdated

Change https://download.qt.io/official_releases/qt/5.9/$($(package)_version)/submodules to https://download.qt.io/archive/qt/5.9/$($(package)_version)/submodules

Simply use a desktop Linux and the qt installer from the official website?
Litecoin.org

meh i like pushing my self to do it the hard way :laughing: :sweat_smile: so i can learn more

had this problem

util/time.cpp:85:5: error: ‘gmtime_r’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘gmtime_s’?

fixed it with

But now im stuck with

/usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-ld: libbitcoin_wallet.a(libbitcoin_wallet_a-rpcdump.o)                                                                                                                                                             :rpcdump.cpp:(.text+0xb337): undefined reference to `FormatISO8601DateTime[abi:c                                                                                                                                                             xx11](long long)'
/usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-ld: libbitcoin_wallet.a(libbitcoin_wallet_a-rpcdump.o)                                                                                                                                                             :rpcdump.cpp:(.text+0xb607): undefined reference to `FormatISO8601DateTime[abi:c                                                                                                                                                             xx11](long long)'
/usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-ld: libbitcoin_wallet.a(libbitcoin_wallet_a-rpcdump.o)                                                                                                                                                             :rpcdump.cpp:(.text+0xc652): undefined reference to `FormatISO8601DateTime[abi:c                                                                                                                                                             xx11](long long)'
/usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-ld: libbitcoin_common.a(libbitcoin_common_a-netbase.o)                                                                                                                                                             :netbase.cpp:(.text+0x8b): undefined reference to `GetTimeMillis()'
/usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-ld: libbitcoin_common.a(libbitcoin_common_a-netbase.o)                                                                                                                                                             :netbase.cpp:(.text+0xed): undefined reference to `GetTimeMillis()'
/usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-ld: libbitcoin_util.a(libbitcoin_util_a-logging.o):log                                                                                                                                                             ging.cpp:(.text+0xfa3): undefined reference to `GetTimeMicros()'
/usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-ld: libbitcoin_util.a(libbitcoin_util_a-logging.o):log                                                                                                                                                             ging.cpp:(.text+0xfe1): undefined reference to `FormatISO8601DateTime[abi:cxx11]                                                                                                                                                             (long long)'
/usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-ld: libbitcoin_util.a(libbitcoin_util_a-logging.o):log                                                                                                                                                             ging.cpp:(.text+0x13a2): undefined reference to `GetMockTime()'
/usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-ld: libbitcoin_util.a(libbitcoin_util_a-logging.o):log                                                                                                                                                             ging.cpp:(.text+0x13c2): undefined reference to `FormatISO8601DateTime[abi:cxx11                                                                                                                                                             ](long long)'
/usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-ld: libbitcoin_util.a(libbitcoin_util_a-random.o):rand                                                                                                                                                             om.cpp:(.text+0x1151): undefined reference to `GetTime()'
/usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-ld: libbitcoin_util.a(libbitcoin_util_a-random.o):rand                                                                                                                                                             om.cpp:(.text+0x1189): undefined reference to `GetTime()'
/usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-ld: libbitcoin_util.a(libbitcoin_util_a-random.o):rand                                                                                                                                                             om.cpp:(.text+0x141a): undefined reference to `MilliSleep(long long)'
/usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-ld: libbitcoin_util.a(libbitcoin_util_a-system.o):syst                                                                                                                                                             em.cpp:(.text.startup+0x59): undefined reference to `GetTime()'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [Makefile:5590: litecoind.exe] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/litecoin/src'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:13083: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/litecoin/src'
make: *** [Makefile:776: all-recursive] Error 1

Okay, install it on desktop and uninstall desktop after, nobody will find out :shushing_face:
I’ll tell it nobody :sweat_smile:

Also I don’t understands why u try to compile windows stuff on Linux :dizzy_face:

By the way I don’t understand compiling windows stuff in anyway :sweat_smile:

already done that :sweat_smile:

Managed to build everything, even the latest release :sunglasses:

I am having an issue with this as well but it seems to be with the ./configure step. It compiles fine but even with the ./configure --prefix=pwd/depends/x86_64-w64-mingw32 and other steps, the configure output always comes out with target os: Linux. This of course causes it to only compile the linux binaries.