Is halving truly as significant as it sounds?

The highly anticipated Litecoin halving is scheduled to occur on August 2, 2023. At that time, the block reward will be reduced from 6.25 LTC to 3.125 LTC.

The halving is a programmed event in the Litecoin protocol that reduces the reward for mining new blocks by half. This is done every 4 years, and it is intended to help maintain the value of Litecoin and make it a more attractive investment.

However, there is some debate about whether the halving will actually have a significant impact on the price of Litecoin. Some believe that it will lead to a price increase, as the reduced supply will make Litecoin more valuable. Others believe that the halving will have little impact, as the demand for Litecoin is already high.

In 2015, Litecoin rallied +520% before its 2015 Halving.

In 2019, $LTC rallied +545% before its 2019 Halving.

What do you think the impact of the halving will be this year?

In none of those years we had as many frauds, such a deep crisis and stood before a WW.

1 Like

Since the block rewards for Litecoin miners are being reduced , I wonder if the scarcity of Litecoin might increase after the halving. What do you think?

1 Like

Pretty easy math, half as many mined each day means half as many new LTC each day means it will be TWICE as scarce. The answer is in the word halving: to divide by 2.

1 Like

According to analyst, Litecoin is currently displaying a bullish trend now. With the halving, the rate of new Litecoin creation is reduced by half. This limited supply over time may lead to increased scarcity, which, in theory, could contribute to upward price pressure if demand remains constant or increases.

It reduced from 12.5 to 6.25 in August. The NEXT halving will bring rewards down to 3.125, sometime in July 2027.

I’ve heard about halving before, but I never uderstood its essence. Can you explain pls?

Yes, of course. It cuts the daily supply of new coins in half. Nothing more bullish than that.