How do I recover a litecoin wallet with 12 phrase paper key

I have an address to which I sent LTC…using block chain- I can see the LTC still there on date. I have the 12 word paper wallet key…how do I get my LTC back?

1 Like

I can’t post a link here but search for 12 words on this forum for instructions on wallet recovery. Or google wallet recovery for your particular wallet

1 Like

Thanks. This is really interesting, because I used the 12 words in a litecoin core wallet on my phone and it came back with zero balance. However, I have a public address which shows abut 14LTC in it, which would mean that I have 14LTC… or am I wrong? I also have 5 LTC wallets…and all of them show zero balance in an unsynchronized block chain… or am I a complete noob?

Also, will the core show the correct balance only after it syncs 100%?
thanks,

Probably need to let the wallet sync, but I’m no expert…

Do you know what wallet you were using? It might’ve been called LoafWallet (now LiteWallet) or Electrum-LTC. Just try those and wait for the sync to finish.

1 Like

Here is a usefull program to use with various coins to enter the seed words and derive public and private keys, also addresses. The program should be used while your computer is offline after saving the html page to your computer. link: BIP39 - Mnemonic Code Once you have the private key you can import into a wallet that allows that process.

1 Like