Grayscale vs mined coins past 30 days or so

Just wanted to take the time to draw everyone’s attention to the fact grayscale has accumulated 81% of the mined coins for the past 30 days or so.

12.5 ltc reward per block * (1440 minutes/day / 2.5 min/block) = 7200 LTC created per day

For the last 30 days(or so) that is 7200 LTC * 30 days = 216000 LTC

Grayscale has accumulated 175087 LTC in the past 30 days approx.

175087/216000 = ~81%

Record

2 Likes

How can you tell that grayscale acquired it?

I also would like to know how you can tell grayscale acquired LTC?

Updated the post

I appreciate the update, although I don’t see any information on that site as to where THEY get there information.

Just check on Grayscale website then, the published it themselves, it’s old news

grayscale.co/litecoin-trust/

Thanks appreciate the link, and while I see the have lot so of documentation on how many LTC they currently hold (shares / asset per share) I don’t see an announcement page where they list off purchases. I’m not trying to be difficult, I’d just like to know where people are getting there grayscale source at. Every time I see a news article or post about it, no one is ever citing there source.

This is the only an estimation based on the data I found.

Yeah, I think they are all “estimating” based off of this data from grayscale’s site. Unless someone knows which addresses are owned by grayscale, we won’t really know for sure how much LTC they hold.

1 Like

I don’t see anything wrong with grayscale accumulating a major percentage of ltc mined. They’re an investment company we just have to play our part and keep accumulating on our different levels

1 Like

Would be nice if these funds would be a little more transparent!

I would agree. The thing is, there is no good reason for investors to want this information. All they want is an opaque investment that just goes up. If it has crypto in the name, then great.

I’m not sure I agree with this. A good investor wants to know what they are investing in. Yes, a lot of people don’t, but doing your due-diligence is part of the investing process. This is how Bernie Madoff’s of the world are so successful…

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Retail investors, e.g. people who probably don’t do proper DD

I agree with you, but that doesn’t mean it should be that way. that’s how people get scammed and screwed out of there money. We as a community should push for higher standards and education to make the market a better, stronger place.