Disk space full on Litecoin Core!

I’ve been using litecoin core for a few years now. Finally took up all my disk space so I can’t open the wallet to retrieve my coins. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You would need to prune the blockchain (it will require you to resync the blockchain)
Settings → Options
Click on the “Prune Block Storage” option and enter the amount of space you want.

Where do I access the settings? I can’t open the wallet or get to the console.

The issue is that you are trying to start an application that has already exceeded the available disk space.

Make sure you have backed up your wallet.dat file just in case you accidentally delete it.

1. Locate the Litecoin Core Data Directory.
    The data directory contains the blockchain data and the wallet.dat file. The default location varies by operating system:
    Windows: %APPDATA%\Litecoin
    macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Litecoin
    Linux: ~/.litecoin

2. Delete the blocks and chainstate folders.

3. Restart Litecoin Core. It should start running again. If that doesn’t work, you are going to have to do a complete uninstall of Litecoin Core.

4. Finally, you can prune the blockchain. I provided the steps on how to do that in my previous comment.

You could move a lot of your files not related to litecoin core to a USB linked 2nd hard drive. If you needed a 2nd hard drive anyway then that should do it.

As mentioned by others here, temporarily moving other non-Litecoin files to a different drive, then running Litecoin Core should be able to run to make settings changes such as pruning. If you prune it, Core won’t use more space than specified in your settings. It will only store the most recent blockchain transactions fitting within the size you specify.
If you want to keep the entire blockchain stored as it continues to grow over time, a larger storage drive will need to be added. With that attached, copy the whole blocks and chainstate folders to the new drive and edit the litecoin.conf to point to the new volume. For example:
Linux (location /home/username/.litecoin)
datadir=/media/username/Blockchain/Litecoin
blocksdir=/media/username/Blockchain/Litecoin
Windows (location C:\Users\username\Appdata\Roaming\Litecoin
datadir=D:\Litecoin
blocksdir=D:\Litecoin

Thanks for the responses! Has anyone dealt with litecoin support through solution desk live? I was chatting with support and he was asking for my .dat file so he could bridge my core wallet with my trust wallet. I didn’t feel comfortable doing that. Not sure if it’s a scam or not

It seems like a scam.
Anyone with your .dat file has access to your private keys (your litecoin).

1 Like

It sounds like your Litecoin Core wallet is experiencing disk space issues, preventing access to your coins. It’s like trying to fit a mod car into a parking space that’s too small. You may need to free up disk space or consider alternative wallet options to retrieve your coins.