Can LTC find a way to reduce mining difficulty?

Ongoing crypto crash and ever-rising difficulty making it impossible to mine Litecoin is there a way we can reduce the difficulty to stay in the game. Previously I was mining 0.050 to 0.046 LTC a day but now it generates 0.036 to 0.033 every day passes difficulty is rising I would like LTC developers to find a way to improve mining # so we can all work together to make this coin success
Thanks

2 Likes

to counter the ever-rising difficulty making it impossible to mine Litecoin is to add more and more of your mining rig.

I used to have only four L3+ for a couple of years, but now because of the difficulty to mine LTC, just recently i am managing eight L3+ and two L3++. thank you

1 Like

Dev’s not need to worry about mining profitability (to be honest, it can’t even be blamed on them).
Good this or bad in November 2021 Bitmain drop L7 that 19x more powerfull than L3+, therefore, the complexity and hashrate during the year with positive price dynamics (if it will) will be able to surprise us

1 Like

That is the nature of mining. As more people decide to mine the difficulty goes up. So you have to upgrade equipment to higher efficiency with higher hash rate. The newest bitmain LTC miners put out many multiples of the old machines. You can get highest rewards at litcoinpool.org , they combine mining with other coins and the payout right now is 320% of what most LTC pools would pay. I run 32 L3 bitminers there and my current payout is 1.1719 LTC daily. My coins are worth almost 3x my electrical cost which is wholesale. If you get a business meter for your residence you can get wholesale rates. I have a business meter right next to my residence meter.

1 Like

I’m at the moment with f2pool because they support merge mining
Does litcoinpool.org support merge mining too

Also I just click on your given pool’s link I’m getting an error 404 message

Thanks for your reply I’m not blaming I’m asking for help if the dev can find or create an algo or protocol to improve mining profitability or # rate

1 Like

I’m glad to know that you are doing well, I think adding more and more miners will improve individual profitability but it will reduce the # power for others. I wish I could afford more miners I would have bought more. I purchase my miners in July 2021

Yes, they merge mining but your rewards are 100% paid in LTC. The other coins mined are converted to LTC. Right now the reward for 550 MH/s is 0.03510103 LTC daily . You should have access to the site the address is: https://www.litecoinpool.org I am on the site 24 hours a day the last couple years, never seems to go down. If it does shut down your miners are still getting paid.

1 Like

The mining reward is a function of basic math. The reward is paid in a specific amount of LTC for each block produced, paid to the miner or pool that finds that block. The only way to increase the reward is to persuade some miners to stop mining so the difficulty drops. Or to increase the amount of LTC paid for each block. That is not going to happen, and the reward is cut in half at each halving event. Mining is not supposed to be easy, if it was easy someone with the funds could gain 51% of hashing power and destroy the network rendering all LTC worthless. The answer to profitability is getting the cheapest wholesale electrical rates available, using the most efficient miners and mining on the most profitable pools, or mining solo. Some people move their operation to another state our country to get better rates. I use miners heat to heat my home so I don’t have to use my furnace, saving me hundreds of dollars a month, the savings add to my profitability.

1 Like

LTC mining is script based. Not sure if that can be tweaked.
@coblee is the one who should know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

UPdate:
Thanks for introducing me to https://www.litecoinpool.org/ I start mining at 2 am yesterday with my 10 out of 5 miners in this pool. At this time it is 8 pm and so far I earned 0.045 with only 5 miners while I was on F2pool I was earning 0.035 to 0.033 in 24hrs I still have 6hr and I am hoping to get much more than my previous pool. Tonight I am going to add 5 more miners to this pool

I am so happy with the results

That’s great, over the years they always seem to payout more than other pools.

1 Like