Can anyone help me decrypt my litecoin core wallet

I bought a few Litecoins years ago and all I have is the wallet.dat file

I do not have the equipment nor knowledge to brute force it and I have tried to just use loads of passwords but have not been successful.

Does anyone have any other suggestions or could help?

Thanks

Hi @jonny :wave:

Do you offer a reward if the password is discovered?
Contact me by private message to see this together. There is always a chance to find a lost password.

You can also share the file here publicly, anyone could help, but there is no guarantee and funds can be stolen.

Have a nice day!

If you offer bounty, i will do that :grin::wink:

Thanks for messaging back on this forum.

I have a friend who is going to try and get in. If he can’t I will ask someone here.

The bounty would be 5 litecoins which is half of the value of the wallet.

Good deal because at the moment it’s just lost investment so is worthless right now.

2 Likes

Good luck! :shamrock:

Finally got in to crypto and (stupidly) invested most of my money into litecoin and a little in bitcoin. I moved my coins to the litecoin qt wallet and for the passphrase I typed it into a word doc (saved on a cold USB) and copied it when entering the passphrase. I did this to avoid mistyping the passphrase given it’s 10 words long.

Hi, my friend couldn’t do it. I don’t think he tried haha.

Yes there is a reward of half the litecoin in the wallet which amounts 5 litecoins as the reward.

I have no idea how to send a private message, but you were the first to reply to I am happy for you to try and unlock it.

1 Like

do you have any idea what the pass phrase is? maybe know the words but not the order? or know some of the words?

Still got the encrypted wallet.dat file @jonny ?

Happy to take a crack at it, but yes more details are needed