Bootstrap the Litecoin Community Crowdfunding System

I like your proposal. Yes, I think we should use this forum.

Thenā€¦ (my mind trying to propose something simpleā€¦ kissā€¦ kissā€¦ )

why donā€™t we create a discourse category for it? something like:

Crowdfunding

To mimic Monero CSS, they have this workflow that we could translate into tags:

1. Ideas
  2. Funding required
  3. Work in progress
  4. Completed tasks

pretty sure the list above would look lame in that the only task I know of besides the very lame litcoin block card which they insist will work and any account in the usa i make says pendingā€¦and the very, very worse game Iā€™ve ever seen web wise litebringer LTC game they have mimblewimble only which MAY do something after 3 years and only real update in that time periodā€¦probably 4 years by the time it is done.

So they would only show the 3 aboveā€¦and would not be a good look IMHO

no development moneyā€¦developers go to projects the pay them before launch ā€¦so this is the
progress you get on no cash IMHO.

Brad

1 Like

Iā€™m confused. Isnā€™t creating an ecosystem the only way we can achieve progress and make developers work on ltc rather than anything else?

1 Like

i knew some developers back in the dayā€¦they would develop new sh*tcoins for a cut of the

premine or ICO or whateverā€¦there are not enough of themā€¦and they donā€™t really work

for free anymore like back in the day. If you have the skills to program at the level of an LTC

or BTC developerā€¦you certainly can build your own sh*tcoin if you wanted as wellā€¦that

is or was the easy partā€¦keeping the sh*tcoin up and working etcā€¦was the issue to get your $$$

sounds harsh, but heard this more than a few times about lack of BTC and LTC devs that are

not crypto whales with no need for money and have the skills and time

brad

1 Like

Draft for CSS

We could start using a Monero CSS proposalā€™s like skeleton on this forum. And find a way to build a CSS that fits this community.

For improvements, I think should consider:

• To not have a repository of ideas
  • We should use Discourse forum as much as possible, including writing a simple plugin
  • People should be able to contributed not being a developer
  • An idea could be implemented by more people than the author
  • We could integrate it to the gitlab/github workflow
  • We could have more contributions from ppl outside our community, including discourse/gitlab plugins developers

I think we could do better than the example below, but this is way better than nothing.

[css] <- if we choose to write a discourse plugin to better display the proposal.
---
layout: fr # i don't know what's the use for it
title: Bootstrap the Litecoin Community Crowdfunding System
author: Xinxi
date: August 31, 2019
amount: 45
milestones:
  - name: Submit proposition to review
    funds: 0% (0 LTC)
    done:
  - name: Crowdfund the idea
    done:
  - name: Create a spec to the system
    done:
  - name: Develop the system
    done:
  - name: Two-year maintenance
    done:
payouts:
  - date:
    amount:
  - date:
    amount:
  - date:
    amount:

# Introduction

The Litecoin team have been doing very well. Besides regular updates of the Litecoin Core repository, we activated SegWit in 2017, which helped Bitcoin greatly with its SegWit activation. [...]
---

[/css]

1 Like

litecoin-ccs

I am trying to understand how can we build the ccs using external apiā€™s (discourse and gitlab/github).