Balance didn't reflected to my litecoin core wallet

So, I tried to use litecoin yesterday and I have been searching which wallet to use and I found out that Litecoin core wallet can be used to send/receive LTC. However, when I tried to send my LTC from Binance to Litecoin core wallet, My Overview page which you can see your balances says 0 balance. But when I tried to search the address that I have sent it to it was successful and says received.

Note: My litecoin core wallet still on synchronizing network while I sent the LTC I had from binance and still synchronizing up to now. Do I have to wait for it be fully synchronized?

Yes, you will have to wait until the block that confirmed your transaction to get your balance.

2 Likes

Yeap, you’ll have to wait until it has fully synchronized then your ltc should show.

1 Like

Oh, I see. Will it always be there?

The first synchronization downloads the entire history of the blockchain,
which currently occupies 63 GB.
Therefore, the initial synchronization takes from 4 to 10 hours, depending on the speed of your Internet connection.
With each subsequent launch of Litecoin Core, the program will only synchronize the newest blocks, which will not take longer than a couple of minutes, maybe ten.
Therefore, if you use the wallet from the same machine, you are unlikely to encounter a similar situation in the future.
Remember that you can create other wallets on the same client, without the need to re-sync, the main thing is to read about the rules for storing wallet.dat files and passwords so as not to face the lack of access to your own wallets.
Have a nice day :+1:t2:

Your Litecoin will be fine as long as you sent it to a valid address, however, you do have to wait for it to sync to the point where it was received before it will show.