Three guys walk into a bar

Three guys walk into a bar and they all ordered some coffee. When it’s time to pay, they all decided to use crypto.

• The first one paid with bitcoin and the barman said: “oh! I see you have some bitcoins in your wallet, please spend some more here. You are welcome.”
  • The second one paid with ethereum and started complaining about tx fees and gas prices. He got pissed he was paying 3x the coffee amount just to make the transaction.
  • The third one paid with litecoin mweb, said thank you to the barman and left.

PS: I wrote this because while most people are just thinking Litecoin price action :rocket: , the true value resides on using a cryptocurrency without disclosing unwanted information to a third part while paying low fees. Price action is just a consequence. To the moon :rocket: :full_moon: Litecoin!

9 Likes

What if the Bitcoin guy payed on Lightning Network?
I guess that’s similarly private as MWeb, isn’t it? Did you use LN?

As I understand, you must open a channel to use the LN. So you still disclose some information.

Yes, I’d love to understand and experience what can be seen by an intelligent and educated but otherwise
everyday user (e.g. barista :slight_smile: ). As far as I see, MWeb offers slightly better privacy than LN. Not sure if people really need that higher level for e-commerce. But for on-chain transactions, the winner in this comparison is MWEB, definitely.

On MWEB, once you peg-in your coins will look the same as any other coin and can be validated without having history attached to it.

The one thing with Litecoin, you might have to pay more $LTC while you finish your coffee.

As long as governments keep printing money, LTC will do just fine for a cup of coffee.

1 Like

There was one guy on reddit that made the same thing and it was so hilarious. I don’t know, I just find it amusing at times. Also, with how the current crypto market is shaping, I really would like to hear more jokes about it that would simply make the whole situation a less dire for the people who invested on it. Here are a few jokes I have found online: What’s the difference between SpaceX and Bitcoin?
SpaceX will actually return to earth after takeoff.
I asked a hooker if she accepted bitcoin. She told me no because it goes up and down more than she does
I paid a hooker with bitcoins once and asked if I’d ever see her again.
She said sure, next week you’ll find me just a few blocks away.
How much did it cost to invent bitcoin?
One Satoshi.
Two bitcoins are in a frying pan. One bitcoin looks to the other and says, “Oh boy, its getting hot in here, yeah?”
The other Bitcoin looks over and yells, " Ahhh!!! a talking bitcoin!!"

1 Like