The cheapest way to get LTC

Whats the cheapest way to buy litecoin with Fiat?

Because i believe that coinbase and other exchanges are quite expensive 5% how do you get your ltc?

1 Like

I just pay up front on www.coinbase.com due to the fact in the USA they keep track and such…so at the end of the year I can get all tax info off coinbase w/o issues. In that I mostly BUY it don’t matter as long as I buy and HODL on the BTC/LTC/Crypto pump of coins of choice. Lazy…but hey, no tax hassles so I just eat the extra cost for the less hassle…made more sense when I was mining like a fiend and the crypto biz of such with IRS was the bomb…now maybe not so much…since I wrapped up the biz aspect on last years taxes with IRS…so anyway…keeps things easy/clean/etc if I ever get audited on the old crypto biz stuff etc

Cheapest is to send money to say Kraken/Bitstamp or even Coinbase through SEPA/IBAN
and purchase once you have your money there. If you use Coinbase you have to transfer the fund to Coinbase Pro or they charge you crazy fee still.
Currently i use crypto.com myself. I have their card and they charge 0 fee for card purchase so its another way.

1 Like

You need to sign up for Coinbase Pro. The site is ( pro.coinbase.com ). This is what the Day Traders use who actually move the price… They should approve you right away, (or with in a few hours), since you already have a coincase.com account. It’s Way cheaper! And it has the access to the order book with full order options. You can Market buy & sell, or Limit order, where your offer your own price, & it will fill if the price drops to your offer price. You just deposit your fiat to coinbase pro, & you can leave it there till you are ready to buy, just like a bank account. I like to always leave some money in there to buy the dips. The withdraw fees they charge on Coinbase Pro are way cheaper as well! They used to be free. They just recently started charging a little after the ETH network gas fees got higher.
Another good fiat exchange that I use is Gemini. You just have to request access to the “Active Trader” U.I. site in a support ticket, and you get access to the order book with lower fees. Plus free LTC withdrawals.

1 Like

I’ve mainly been using Kraken, and as long as you’re buying more than $100, it’ll be cheaper than Coinbase or most alternatives. They’re also a lot more reputable imo than others.

1 Like