Stablecoin on Litecoin?

Question

So, there are rumours of this possibly happening—which TBH, would make sense due to Litecoin’s cheap fees.

How would this help the Litecoin network grow/improve though? What advantages does it bring to Litecoin itself?

Answer
I don’t believe a stable coin on Litecoin will help Litecoin. The most amount of Tether now runs on the Tron network which has zero fees. Instead of a stable coin on Litecoin, I would push more for getting wrapped Litecoin (wLTC) since wLTC can then be used in DeFi protocols. And those DeFi protocols will really drive growth for Litecoin.

Your thoughts?

2 Likes

It’s not a one or other situation. We have the capacity to work on a stablecoin product and wrapped Litecoin simultaneously.

What is Tron used for? Literally nothing. Except in the past year they added Tether Tron support. This is because Tron has a fee advantage just like Litecoin. I would like Litecoin’s adoption to increase, and be an all-in-one. There’s thousands of cryptos doing their own thing, but why not have a single crypto which is ‘good’ at everything.

3 Likes

Yes, I agree. Litecoin would not benefit from a Stablecoin at the moment …