Runaway exception

When i start the core app on Win 10 I receive this message error

Runaway exception
Critical error. Litecoin can’t run for security reason

Any ideas?

I have the same problem or at least similar problem. I get a popup that says key is compromised and then another popup shows that a fatal error had occurred with runaway exception notice and the wallet closes. I synced the wallet from beginning to current date a few weeks ago and lite coin was still there and then wallet went back to 450 some weeks of not being up to date.
I cannot find any help on this problem.

Have you updated to the latest version. Install Litecoin Core 0.18 from litecoin.org.

1 Like

I did now and am humbly grateful to you. I give you a tip in return. Theta.
Thank you.

1 Like

You can donate to the Litecoin Foundation if I helped.

1 Like

Hello losh11, so sorry to bother you. I’m at a loss…and hopefully not with my litecoin.
I updated my wallet as you suggested and it seemed to work. It’s visible to me with my litecoins in place. However when I went to send in a trial run, my wallet was locked. When I tried to change the passphrase. It shut down. I do have my old pass phrase but it’s only about six words and much shorter than what I am trying to enter as a new passphrase. Not sure why it’s shutting down. I’ve tried it twice. one time it popped a warning of runaway exception before shutting down. It is back up again and my coins are still in place, but am afraid that my access is blocked. I still have my old private key. You think would that work instead of my old passphrase? Any suggestions?