MWEB Progress Update Thread

GOOD litecoin WILL to the moon

This is indeed exciting news for me! It’s been two years and finally waited

1 Like

Amazing…tx so much for the consistency on the updates throughout the development

FChPETgVQAUSzla

4 Likes

Thank you for all the hard work @David Really excited.

4 Likes

What are the Advantages of adding extension blocks? More unique addresses?

The possibility to extend technologies to Litecoin by building separated ‘extension’ blocks, such as MimbleWimble.

I don’t see MW as an update in the right direction.

Trade in form of scaling is just more into the direction of NFTs and its consequences. Instead of doing grunts work and establish a firm base in trade itself, as a tool for E-commerce.

E commerce volume is around 10 to 12 times larger than NFT projections. NFTs will just add to the headache of fraud and deception.

1 Like

MW has nothing to do with NFT. The update regarding NFT is known as OmniLite.

2 Likes

I’m aware just it goes in the same direction.

To determine direction you should spend some time to read about MWEB.
We already have good amount “core of meaning” what is it in:
LIP-003

• Parity of Personal identifiable information
  • Solution to on-boarding new users that they do not need to download the entire transaction history of the extension’ blocks network
  • Most cost-effective design for confidential transactions without trusted setup
  • Non-interactive transaction design for MWEB through a trusted network
    Through this update, LTС network participants will be able to exercise their right to control sensitive personal information, which has already been implemented on many networks in less attractive and more expensive variations. In addition, this right is realized not as an obligation but as an opportunity.
1 Like

All those are already in LTC if I’m not mistaken or did Litecoin need 10 Years to fix holes?

It is worded as if marketing needs a few positive point to hide the fact that money is the foremost reason. many in the higher management have a money grabbing attitude, unfortunately so.

1 Like

What? MWEB is one of the most significant development of the past 10 years. Adding confidential transactions to an established, BTC-like network is huge. Fungibility is the missing piece to make the best digital money.
I have no idea why you think this goes to the NFT direction…

4 Likes

David,
do you think the mimblewimble will give the LTC a boost? It’s really hard to see how the Litecoin, which can actually be equal to BTC with ease, and has such potential, could crash so far. Ok, everyone has crashed, but with the potential the LTC should do look better

1 Like

Agree. We’ll see how the market reacts.

Oh, man! The market had reacted already when LTC was pumped to 400$. It was a good time.

Congratulations LTC team and LTC fam as we move forward in evolution.

4 Likes

Wenmimble?

2 Likes

Excited to see updates and read Davids last update. Its so refreshing to see a team that sees the importance of audits and meeting to review code - rather than rushing to release something.

Community is starting to notice LTC more and more - Im less motivated by price but its excited to see it growing back into one of the leading projects. After all the other weaker projects starting to fall through poor security / audits and closing holes in the code. LTC will be king.

8 Likes

0.21.1 is being merged. (Commits · litecoin-project/litecoin · GitHub) We are closer than ever, people!

10 Likes