LTC Core - Wallet installation: Encrypt Wallet default setting?

I installed the Litecoin Core Wallet on windows and due to memory issues was unable to complete sync with the network. As per advice in these forums I moved the wallet.dat to another pc, updated the blockchain successfully and received my litecoin. But when I attempt to extract (Send) coin from wallet I am prompted for a passphrase. I never set up passwords for the wallet during install or ever activated the "Encrypt Wallet’ functionality, which incidentally cannot be deactivated within Settings.
Is there a default password for the wallet? Is this a bug? I have reinstalled the wallet on another pc and the same issue occurs.
Thanks

Такая же ситуация у меня. Техническая поддержка молчит. Решения данной проблемы нигде не нашёл.

1 Like

that is some weird situation, because the passphrase is set by the user. unless somebody else set the passphrase without your knowledge

This happened to me as well. It appears like everyone’s response is to say that we just don’t remember the passphrase which is not the case. Have you had any luck with this? I was thinking it was a bug in the system as well. I have a good amount of coin stuck in my .dat file

Wanted to chime in here and say that the same thing happened to me. Thankfully this wasn’t my first rodeo, so I hadn’t sent any coins to the wallet. I just waited for it to sync, and then started going about the work of protecting/backing up the wallet.

The wallet installed Encrypted, best I can tell. Not sure how. I let it catch up in the background while I was working. I checked on it from time to time, but I didn’t really feel like making the warning message go away (the one saying that I couldn’t spend any unconfirmed transactions). I literally didn’t touch a thing until it was synced.

It’s too bad, because I could say, “The moral of the story is…”, but no one is going to read this unless they are in the same boat. And by that time, they are probably already SOL.

Thankfully, all I needed to do was shut down the wallet, delete my wallet.dat file, and then restart the wallet. I was able to set a passphrase, purchase coins, receive them, and then spend them. My biggest fear was that I would have to re-sync the blockchain. When I didn’t, I felt lucky, like I owed something.

If any mods are keeping a tally of these occurrences, tack up one more on the board.

2 Likes

Thanks twf85, unfortunately, i’m in the category of SOL.