Litecoin reception before wallet synchronization

Hi all,

I am new to the forum. here is my question: in preparation of the split LTC/LCC I have set a Litecoin Core wallet (32 bits) and I plan to send from Coinbase my LTCs. After the installation I have encrypted my wallet but the synchronization seems to need many more days… Can I anyway send my LTCs to my LTC Core wallet? My logic would tell me “yes” but I will not be able to see the transaction before the end of the synchronization…
Am I correct?
Many thanks for your support.
Thomas.

your thinking is correct, as far as I know.

but I would wait for the wallet to sycn before doing any transaction to it… if you need something faster you can try a paper wallet or electrum wallet

Thanks for your prompt feedback. It looks like the synchronization will take one week at the current speed…
But can I pretend to LCCs with a lightweight wallet as Spectrum? If yes, what prevents to do it with Ledger Nano S (just to clarify: I have not used yet Leger Nano S with LTC (only with BTC)).

Sorry: correction of my reply:

Thanks for your prompt feedback. It looks like the synchronization will take one week at the current speed…
But can I pretend to LCCs with a lightweight wallet as Electrum? If yes, what prevents to do it with Ledger Nano S (just to clarify: I have not used yet Leger Nano S with LTC (only with BTC)).

Just put your ltc on your nano ledger s. You will certainly be able to get your LCC when your LTC is there.

If you need help accessing your LCC after the fork, just drop me a message