Litecoin is a Legacy currency!

Litecoin has not been the darling recently in the crypto world but that is about to change due to the death spiral of ETH. If there are 4 times the amount of bitcoin to be mined that would put 1 litecoin at about 200.00 USD-FIAT. I think we have a potential sleeping giant here, I think bitcoin and litecoin will start to trade in lockstep as traction continues to grow in bitcoin interest! Litecoin will be here 30 years from now when the last bitcoin is mined on earth. Gold trades at 70 times silvers price. If Litecoin being what silver is to gold being Bitcoin then one could fairly estimate that if litecoin trades at 70 times bitcoins price that would put it at 210 dollars. In my honest opinion I think the Climb starts now. 2017 is going to be a fun year for litecoin! I want to hear from some devs on what they think I am receptive and open to all opinions.

3 Likes

I agree that if things were fully operating, Litecoin could be fairly priced at a factor of 1/4th of Bitcoin. To get there, it would have to have a similar ecosystem to Bitcoin. Ecosystem in my thought to be the community of organizations building and supporting it.

What I see, being new to it, and in USA, is an already decent ecosystem:

1. Miners are active, new 14 nm ASIC miners coming out Bitmain in the next month.
  2. Hardware wallet support already available in Ledger Nano S, coming soon with Trezor.
  3. iphone wallet - loafwallet
  4. Android wallet - Jaxx
  5. Coinbase and Kraken support, so onramp and offramp for dollars is available.
  6. A good amount of active supernodes - about 750 or so.

Now that the new version has SegWit active, it appears the Litecoin development team is active in putting in place improvements. I don’t understand much about this part of it, but there appears to be the ability to make choices that can increase the appeal to users.

With a 5 year history, the coin has been tested, and there are many coins out there that have stabilized the price. If the sentiment of people shifts, and there becomes more of a desire to hold cryptocurrencies as assets, I see no reason why Litecoin would not be a player in that space.

It does not have to have VC backing like Ethereum, does not have unproven scaling ability like Monero, and does not have limited current vs. future supply like Zcash. It also was not instamined or premined like some of the other currencies out there, as far as I know.

There are many things I don’t know on why this would not be the year for Litecoin to go up, though. I’d sure like to hear some reasons why there could be issues as well.

3 Likes

I do not see much peoples interest in LTC, despite the significant positive changes in code. This is evidenced by exchange rate, google trends, forums stats… Let’s face it. Currently LTC has no much interest of people and investors.

1 Like

We all should write artikels about litecoin get the word out…:laughing:
In 20 years time we will have more then 7 x as much traffic on the Internet.
I can see a value…Give it time right and make promotion

1 Like