Lack of Development Compared to Other Coins?

Looking at the github repo, it says that the last commit was 7 days ago?
Am I missing something where most of the dev is done elsewhere? I’m personally not much of a dev (sorry to criticize the work that’s already been done, thank you existing dev contributors!), but is this a sign that LTC needs to scale up its dev team to move quicker? I think this is the perfect opportunity to double down on LTC development to give it a clear advantage/niche as compared to other stagnating coins.

Please correct me if I’m wrong in my assessment! But just looking at eth repos and btc, seems like their commits are much more frequent on a daily basis than LTC’s.

I point this out not to spread FUD, but rather to highlight something that could be addressed and help LTC go to the moon.

Respectfully,
LTC Hodler

2 Likes

Litecoin just reported SEGWIT running for over a month with no issues at all in an article on coindesk yesterday…if there are no issues why would someone need to submit a fix…nothing needs fixed…litecoin works faster and better than any other coin out there…and more people realizing that is what will take the price to the moon…not fixing something that works just fine…

2 Likes

Charlie Lee has just announced that he’s left Coinbase to work full-time on Litecoin. Along with shaolinfry that will make 2 full-time developers. During a recent podcast, I also heard bitcoin core dev Eric Lomrozo say he is devoting a lot more of his time to Litecoin. This should mean more development and functionality moving forward!

1 Like

Litecoin has now been ported to bcoin as well. Introducing "Lcoin", for LTC devs wishing to create and build in Node.js. Enjoy! https://t.co/JZdURfKCSO

— bcoin (@Bcoin) June 18, 2017

Great work from Purse.io lead developer JJ! This probably means that we’ll soon be able to use Litecoin to buy things on Amazon at a 15-20% discount.

hear hear!

BitGo now supporting Litecoin

Ben Davenport, the chief technical officer at BitGo, the leading multi-signature technology-based service provider which works with some of the largest bitcoin exchanges and trading platforms such as Kraken, revealed that the company has begun to support Litecoin and provide security services for the Litecoin platforms.

Over the past few years, BitGo has been at the forefront of bitcoin and blockchain security, securing widely-utilized trading platforms with its multi-signature technology. Currently, BitGo processes over $1 billion worth of bitcoin payments on a monthly basis of its clients including South Korea’s second largest digital currency exchange Korbit, major US-based bitcoin exchanges Kraken and Bitstamp, leading Indian bitcoin exchange Unocoin and popular bitcoin service provider Wirex.

Charlie Lee, the creator of Litecoin who recently resigned from his position as Coinbase director of engineering to solely focus on the development and innovation of Litecoin, emphasized that the decision of the BitGo development team to implement Litecoin and provide multi-signature security services for Litecoin-based platforms and service providers is a major step for the Litecoin community and industry.

1 Like

“Tether will be issuing USDT on Omni on Litecoin :grinning:

As transaction fees on the bitcoin block chain continue to rise, the use of USDT on a lower fee network like Litecoin is a nice new feature adding to the Litecoin block chain.