Is investing in litecoin still worth it?

I have gained great profits by investing in cryptocurrencies but I have stopped it for some time after bitcoin market crash. So I am looking forward to invest in Litecoin. I know it is not that much profitable but if bought in large amount, will it be worth? Just need some guidance. Any help is appreciated. thanks in advance!

I believe so. It moves with bitcoin (pegged) imo and proven past ltc tends to run up before btc thus im guessing this latest run up on btc is false.
LTC needs a good team and community like DGB with projects built on that which have been done for free unlike mimblwimble which has a cost which i’ve donated 5 ltc to.

I shifted a bit more of my portfolio over to Litecoin a few days ago, primarily because of the work that is being done now on integrating Mimble Wimble into Litecoin. Adding private transactions will, I think, add some additional serious value to Litecoin, so as development on that progresses and completes, I’m optimistic for price increase. Won’t be immediate (since development is happening on a one-year timeline), but long-term I think Litecoin is in a good position to increase in price, both against USD and BTC.

Check out this thread for more info: Litecoin Confidential Transactions / MWEB - Dedicated Fund - #6 by coblee

2 Likes

I believe that it is still a good investment right now. With the Bitcoin halving in May and with how close LTC follows Bitcoin I think there are going to be some big moves happening with LTC this year.

1 Like

Check out our fundamental report. https://cryptoeq.io/coreReports/litecoin-abridged

Should give you what you need to make an informed decision.

1 Like

I think this is a good investment now. However, I have a feeling that in the near future it may cease to be profitable. Personally, I invest in bitcoin, usdt and eth.

1 Like

Curious, why do you think it will cease to be profitable in the near future? What change do you foresee?

I think yes. But it seems to me that it is better to invest in several different cryptocurrencies. I do this in order to minimize the risks

I doubt that there are any factors that make Litecoin more promising than Bitcoin in the long term. First off, Litecoin is based on Bitcoin and cannot offer wider functionality. The second thing is that the Litecoin reward halving has already happened not long ago while the Bitcoin reward halving is scheduled in May 2020. Many exchanges have BTC markets but lack LTC ones. Imagine if you switch to LTC. You will be limited by only a few exchanges that provide LTC markets. Litecoin is a good project in general, but personally I can’t see the reason to switch to Litecoin after disappointment in Bitcoin.

I would be happy if litecoin also grew in the same way as other currencies. But I do not always see this.

Litecoin is no different from Bitcoin and other coins, if we are talking about the prospect

1 Like

It rather looks like LTC is not the coin to hold anymore. Creator hyped it up as hard as he could while selling bags off and when it happened the hype stopped. Halving is done and coin lost 75% of its high value since that in 6 months. Considering how ALTS have been pumping this year and how poorly LTC has made moves,gains hard and looses easy,it really makes me think that maybe it would be all for good to exit.
Counting years since creation of this coin the there should be insanely strong community behind. Instead of that we have LTC Foundation that sells t-shirts.
If anyone has some opinion to share,feel free to share your opinion.

As long as I can trade LTC against ETH and BTC on Mercatox, I consider Litecoin as a nice cryptocurrency. If they delist it (I doubt that they will do that) then I won’t be using Litecoin any longer. That’s how I feel about it.

Have held for years and lost count on how many times we have heared we are about to ‘go to the moon’ or ‘big things are just around the corner’ We had the chance but the creator bottled it and sold out. Unfortunately this will go no where. This will always just be a pet project.

1 Like

Oh dear, I’ve found my first troll.

1 Like

Very nice Swot. Thanks Brooks !

I think that ltc fits for quick transfer between exchanges. If mw project achieves, it’ll roxx monero.

I think it is still worth to invest in litecoin…although, there are so many aspects that should be consider before investing in any currency. here is a complete guide about investing in Litecoin Read it at 1btcnews .com

I don’t see how ltc will die if the ideology is following btc closely with some enhancement.

Take a look at btc mempool. The network is at 75%-80% capacity during the whole bear of 2018/19. It is now above 90%. It will be scaling 2.0 all over again when btc network congest.

Ltc will be attractive when that happens again. Whether the founder sold is not really relevant, if Lee had exit scam, why does he still need to stick around and fund the development. Or do everyone expect a creator to not only work for free but throw he’s entire fortune into the projects so your bags can pump?

I do agree that ltc community is lacking and I also feel Lee half hearted retreat is not promising at this stage.

I can’t believe how many fairly smart ppl are Still hung up on Charlie selling, (And donating to the Foundation) most of his coins. he had been around for years & knew when the whole market was topping out. He told EVERYONE the same & warned about it, (though most ppl didn’t want to hear it). He called the bottom, at the same time, “$25” & NAILED it within $3, ($22)! So he made some money, So What, I thought that was the point? He made a great project, (with 100% up time), & deserves to be compensated for it.
The other thing “smart ppl” seem to be missing, is how he did the best thing for the project he possibly could’ve done, (for the future of the currency). If he had continued to hold the massive # of coins he had mined over the years, It could’ve opened the door for the S.E.C. to claim LTC was a “security” in the future. Creating a central point of failure. Thus destroying it’s viability as a currency, the original purpose & where it’s true value lies. This is exactly what’s happening to XRP. Ripple has multiple lawsuits pending against it, (from normal “investors”), claiming it’s a security. One guy lost like $200 bucks & is suing… Lol!
If you want “digital gold”, just buy Bitcoin & sit on it, never letting it see the light of day. If you want a decentralized, dis-inflationary, p2p currency, that’s also a store of value, to send around the world & actually spend once in a while, help build the ecosystem, spread the word, community, ask merchants to accept LTC payments & stop asking what Charlie can do for you…