Im have a load of litecoin in my litecoin wallet, is it?

SAFE there!?? Its not in a hard wallet but on the litecoin desktop wallet. What you think!? I have a nano s ledger wallet but It dont have the litecoin on it!! It say I can load litecoin on my nano s wallet but dang have no idea how to do that!

First of all you need to make absolutely sure you’ve copied your 12-word mnemonic correctly. Then download the Ledger Manager Chrome extension, this will allow you to update the firmware on the Nano S. Careful though, because it will also reformat the device, so you will need to re-enter the 12-word mnemonic. If you have a doubt, I’d just send your Litecoin to Loafwallet first.

http://support.ledgerwallet.com/knowledge_base/topics/firmware-upgrade-and-application-manager

1 Like

Brrrrrr, scaryyyyyy! Well currently I have dash in my s nano wallet, I think Ill leave it alone since its a lot of Dash and go buy another nano wallet. thanks bud

Well you could move the dash off the wallet during the firmware upgrade and then transfer it back. If you follow the steps in the article, you’ll be ok, I’m sure! That said, better safe than sorry, but the Nano S is sold out until mid July. I know one of the guys at Ledger and he told me a couple of weeks ago that they were producing 1,000 a day, with demand at 2,000!

Just had another thought. If you have dash on the wallet, you may not need to install the new firmware. Using the Ledger Manager, you should just be able to download the Litecoin client. Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks for info bro! I really appreciate that. Yes I can move out my dash and then try to upload it. Ill keep, in mind what you advise when I try it Again thanks

1 Like

xorbit hey hey bud I followed your quide and it worked like a charm.I now have all my litecoin in my hardwallet
Dang I also have now eth–doge–ripple–zcash geesh, lol!!
Thanks a bunch and see ya around the lite world. Al

1 Like

Hey coffeedrinker, I’m so glad it worked out for you! I’m also a user of the Nano S, so store most of my bitcoin and litecoin on my device. Gotta keep that crypto safe!