💰 2 LTC Giveaway! Sign up now for your chance to win

It’s all about luck, so it’s better to not expect to be winner, otherwise there would be much disappointments

2 Likes

I am just curious who the lucky person was.

The op said the winner was one that joined before Dec. 30th; he did not say when the drawing would take place, so he might not have chosen a winner yet. I suppose that we will just have to wait… Patience. Drawings are so fun and part of it is the anticipation. I held one for a fall tea basket a few months ago and did my drawing for the winner live. It was so fun to give something away! I think nearly as fun as winning something!

2 Likes

Who won ?

1 Like

happy new year

Following our tradition, we first find out the range of candidates.

The first user is @1walfrido2, whose user id is 22609. He/she is first one signed up on Nov 11.

The last user is @kjmelnis, whose user id is 23802. He/she is the last one signed up on Dec 30.

Therefore we got 1194 signups. Everyone with a user id in the range of [22609, 23802] will have a chance to get the 1 LTC. You can get your user id using this API: https://litecointalk.io/users/{{username}}.json

To ensure the fairness of the draw, we follow our tradition. But this time, I will use Litecoin block hash instead.

I will use the hash of the 1978286th Litecoin block, which is still about 1000 blocks away, i.e. about 41 hours later, as the random number generator. Once we get the hash, we use the hash as the random number to determine who is the winner.

You can check Litecoin blocks here: https://insight.litecore.io/blocks

2 Likes

No worries. I will notify you if you are chosen.

1 Like

I am curious how could he have signed up on 12/30/2020 if his profile states he joined 5 hours ago?

This is what I see.

maybe there is two accounts? the one that posted above shows as created 5 hours prior to my last post. As the one you show hasnt been seen on forums since 12/30/20 the day they signed up.

1 Like

Anyway, I will post the winner once the block is generated. You guys can help check if the chosen one is legit or not. If it’s not legit, we skip and choose another one randomly. We repeat until we find a legit one.

1 Like

well and the one that had posted above and that I pulled the profile for the screenshot I shared - his post has disappeared. and that profile has now been deleted. So, must have either been a fake or duplicate account? And the one you linked never posted or contributed to the forums, most likely created an account solely for the purpose of hoping to win. So, could also just be a alt account for some regular member who was trying to increase their chances of winning by having multiple accounts.

1 Like

lol. that won’t work. we will decide using user id, which is a unique numeric number and cannot be easily confused.

2 Likes

That is good to know, would be nice if the forums also would keep account names from being repeated. so that there couldn’t be 2 accounts with the same name. Admins might be able to see their user id but I dont see one when looking at profiles.

Account names cannot be repeated either. I guess that fake account has some special characters in the account name which looks very similar to the real one.

1 Like

ok that is good to know. either way that account is now gone.

1 Like

LOL he thought the “kjmelnis” won and created a fake to claim the prize

2 Likes

am I right in that my user id is 22785?

1 Like

Yes, you are right.

1 Like

Did I win the coin I still want to be sent as a donation to the Litecoin foundation? :slight_smile: I have only one name in any crypto forum.

1 Like