100 LTC Stolen from Litecoin Core Wallet

Can the wallet made a key change after months of no activity???

I’m still think this can be recoverable.

if that was the case, the new address would still be owned by you and if that is the case, then you might have a secondary wallet.dat file - you would need to open them all to find the wallet that owns that address - once you do that, you would be able to get the private key.

OP were you able to solve your problem?

are you using the latest version of litecoin and you let the blockchain sync completley?

did you ever recover your LTC?

No no far… :frowning:

did you send the second transaction of .00007 LTC? it had a message embedded in the transaction.

also are you sure that you did not create a new wallet first and sweep the funds into that wallet? then deleted/overwrote that wallet.dat file with your older wallet.dat file?

Either that or you have 2 wallet.dat files?

the funds have not been spent - typically a thief would have moved the funds multiple times and often thru an exchange or mixer trying to cover their tracks.

what does is the address?
most likely you just need to tell your wallet to use that type of address…
there are 3 address types the wallets can use…
Legacy, segwit and bech32…

how???

you start litecoin using the command prompt and the correct flags…
I will gladly do it for you for a 20% recovery fee…

This is going to be a niche in future … haha
Still, it is too technical to handle all of it… I am technical but still I get confused around these wallets, public private keys, sending receiving coins … Just imagine about common folk…Someone needs to save them by educating them …

ouch 20% charge to show him a few command lines to get what he already has?

Lol…I’m about to tell someone how to do what I do…it would take years to get them to understand it…
Plus it’s WAY WAY more than " a few commands"…

to do what is being asked above is not complex or worth charging them 20% - in my opinion. I don’t know what they know though and/or how desperate they are to receive their funds, 20% might sound like a deal. But to say it would take years to understand is just not true.

Then u help him then if it’s so easy…
I don’t work for free…
I charge everyone 20% regardless of how many coins I’m recovering…
They don’t have to let me do it if they don’t want to…
That’s the going rate though…just Google search wallet recovery and you’ll see that all recovery services charge 20%

dont misunderstand - I am not against charging a fee and if the going market rate is 20% that is most likely what I would charge as well. I am simply stating as an overall - 20% is steep. I guess for me, I would have done a flat fee vs a percentage is all.

1 Like